The Corsair User Forums  

Go Back   The Corsair User Forums > Corsair Product Discussion > iCUE Software

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 07-31-2019, 05:43 PM
christizzz's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1013282
christizzz Reputation: 10

this software is a plague.

SO i sold my h100i v2 and kep only my strafe keyboard , harpoon mouse and LED strips.

I am not getting the "dashbaordfreeze" anymore BUT the usb disconnect sound is there, the side buttons of the mouse randomly stops working... i need either to REpair icue, restart my pc OR unplug and plug the devices back.

PS: if i close icue the side mosue buittons will work again but then i ll lose my lighting profile.

This is getting ridiciulous.
The latest update didnt do a thing.
Old 07-31-2019, 11:36 PM

POST ID # = 1013313
TinyBabyOwl Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by ikjadoon View Post
And then? And then? And then?

It's been 113 days since this official Corsair post. I'd be more embarrassed if I worked at an American company who ghosted their customers this bad.

I've got an H80i V2 on the way and these iCUE bugs look absolutely ridiculous. It's clear software overreach: a 1990s company trying to "innovate" in 2020...and it shows. 113 days since the last company response on a major thread...with customers putting in their time & effort to explain your own bugs back to you.

Bleh. If I can't set AIO fan speeds without iCUE bloat, this junk is headed straight back and I'll be sure to leave negative reviews everywhere, with a link directly to this thread.

Everyone: if you bought anything Corsair iCUE-enabled and are now returning / selling / trashing it, make sure you write a negative review and link back to this thread.

These companies cannot charge these prices with this third-world support. Take the stand that Corsair prays you won't do: write the negative review. Hold them accountable. You can be sure Corsair won't ever tell you about these iCUE bugs in their next press release or product info page, so we gotta do it for them. :)
Yup. Everywhere I can I am going to leave a negative review for Corsair products. I want to dissuade as many people from buying anything that relies on iCue. Hopefully Corsair will get this crap sorted.
Old 08-02-2019, 11:17 AM
parrote3's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1013483
parrote3 Reputation: 10

Am definitely not buying Corsair products again. Was planning on buying a new case, AIO and coolers but will avoid Corsair from now on. My uncle recommended corsair about 12 years ago and said they were a good company. Hate to break him the news as he was planning on upgrading too.

Forgot to add that the 3.18.77 update has not fixed the problem as I just had it 30 seconds ago. Temp was frozen at 29.8C, restarted it and it jumped to 38C. Fans didn't speed up because the temp was frozen.

Last edited by parrote3; 08-02-2019 at 11:42 AM.
Old 08-07-2019, 02:52 PM
MaCk0y's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1014014
MaCk0y Reputation: 10

I experience this issue as well. I notice it when the colour changes from the selected red to white. Restarting the Corsair service fixes it.

H100i v2

Edit: Actually the colour might not always change to white. I think I will go back to SIV.

Last edited by MaCk0y; 08-08-2019 at 02:42 PM.
Old 08-12-2019, 08:25 PM
burnteskimos42's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1014493
burnteskimos42 Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by ikjadoon View Post
And then? And then? And then?

It's been 113 days since this official Corsair post. I'd be more embarrassed if I worked at an American company who ghosted their customers this bad.

I've got an H80i V2 on the way and these iCUE bugs look absolutely ridiculous. It's clear software overreach: a 1990s company trying to "innovate" in 2020...and it shows. 113 days since the last company response on a major thread...with customers putting in their time & effort to explain your own bugs back to you.

Bleh. If I can't set AIO fan speeds without iCUE bloat, this junk is headed straight back and I'll be sure to leave negative reviews everywhere, with a link directly to this thread.

Everyone: if you bought anything Corsair iCUE-enabled and are now returning / selling / trashing it, make sure you write a negative review and link back to this thread.

These companies cannot charge these prices with this third-world support. Take the stand that Corsair prays you won't do: write the negative review. Hold them accountable. You can be sure Corsair won't ever tell you about these iCUE bugs in their next press release or product info page, so we gotta do it for them. :)
Anyone with legal experience wanna try and help us form a class action suit? this seems like the type of thing there should be legal repercussions for. I've had a broken product for 9 months and the fact I have no recourse other than to leave a negative review (that they probably won't even care about at this point) really leaves me feeling powerless. I wrote a negative review within about a month or so of buying my H100i Platinum and I'm still feeling pretty powerless.
Old 08-18-2019, 10:51 AM
ArchiTek's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1015005
ArchiTek Reputation: 10
Default Over a year... still no solution?

Unbelievable.

It's that time again... time to start pricing out components for a new PC build.

My last build was all Corsair products because I thought just how neat it would be to have my pump, gpu, led, & fan controller all controlled together!

WRONG

It's not neat. And the fact that they haven't even offered us a single solution that works.. other then "reset the service" -- is total BS.

After a fresh restart, fans running on the curves, temp readings flowing... it's not long before it feezes again, right when you need it most.

What happened to the old CUE program? I don't believe I had any problems with freezing using those curves? Or better yet... REMOVE the curve system from iCUE --since it is totally jacked-- and use something else?

Does anyone know of an alternative to running all this $500+ hardware with an alternative?

I would join that class-action suit.

Ridiculous.
Old 08-18-2019, 11:17 PM

POST ID # = 1015078
rochford77 Reputation: 10
Default What a joke

My overclock seemed stable for a while. About a year ago it starting crashing when I would run video renders over night. I had to keep adding more and more voltage but it was still crashing. Thought my CPU had degraded honestly.... then i noticed iCUE hanging and not spinning up my fans and the pump would get stuck at 2070 (not 3040) and this is causing my CPU to overheat and crash. What a freaking joke. I never thought I would say this but I have LESS problems with my NZXT x42 that is on my GPU. Guess I am selling the h100i and getting another NZXT cooler. Sure they mine my data but at least my PC wont crash.
Old 08-26-2019, 12:55 AM
Viibou's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1015709
Viibou Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArchiTek View Post
Unbelievable.

It's that time again... time to start pricing out components for a new PC build.

My last build was all Corsairs products because I thought just how neat it would be to have my pump, gpu, led, & fan controller all controlled together!

WRONG

It's not neat. And the fact that they haven't even offered us a single solution that works.. other then "reset the service" -- is total BS.

After a fresh restart, fans running on the curves, temp readings flowing... it's not long before it feezes again, right when you need it most.

What happened to the old CUE program? I don't believe I had any problems with freezing using those curves? Or better yet... REMOVE the curve system from iCUE --since it is totally jacked-- and use something else?

Does anyone know of an alternative to running all this $500+ hardware with an alternative?

I would join that class-action suit.

Ridiculous.
Since last month i've been running Link ver: 4.9.7.35 for 6 x HD fans, AIO, RGB Strips with a commander pro etc. and icue 2.24.50 for keyboard, mouse and headset. I haven't had one crash or anything, no black screens. Piss poor on the part of Corsair software department but there was no other way to get all the items to work as I wanted.
Old 09-02-2019, 01:36 PM
BrewMyTeabag's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1016551
BrewMyTeabag Reputation: 10

Old 09-02-2019, 06:22 PM

POST ID # = 1016601
davtenks Reputation: 10

This is pathetic
Old 09-09-2019, 08:42 AM

POST ID # = 1017486
opdlite Reputation: 10

This is still an issue and its beyond a joke to be frank, it causes constant crashes, also note that it uses GPU resources in the background "ALL" the time. Can be seen in "afterburner" I'm a long time k70rgb user and the vanilla software was much better, even if it had a steep learning curve. There's definitely some sort of miner running in the background in this program. I wouldn't be surprised really, its 2020.

It also interfers with slightly dated setups, especially if you want to control your fans from other programs. The temp sensors or somethin related seem to be running all the time even if disabled, which interferes.

Safe to say won't be getting any more corsair products and will put this overpriced crap to sell.
Old 09-12-2019, 08:36 PM
BangDead1991's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1018020
BangDead1991 Reputation: 10

bump......
Old 09-14-2019, 03:25 PM
BrewMyTeabag's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1018205
BrewMyTeabag Reputation: 10

Bump................
Old 09-23-2019, 04:42 AM
OD RESET's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1019024
OD RESET Reputation: 10

The dashboard freezes for me too and the numbers just hang. This used to happen to me in Corsair Link as well and has been occurring since August, 2017. I'm really hoping for a fix. Every Corsair iCUE update, I hope it's resolved but my hopes are slowly fading.

Edit: any idea if this was fixed in the iCUE v3.20.80 Patch?

Edit 2: I can confirm that the latest update didn't fix the issue.

Last edited by OD RESET; 09-23-2019 at 06:42 PM.
Old 09-23-2019, 12:57 PM
bmichalik87's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1019054
bmichalik87 Reputation: 10

I just built a new PC and am having similar experiences using iCue but slightly different. For the first hour or so after completing my build, iCue worked perfectly to control 6 Corsair LL 120 fans and Corsair H150i Pro RGB AIO. restarted my PC a few times and then the software would zoom in about 200-300% on the screen and partially freeze. I could randomly click around and some menu items would open but i was unable to view the entire program on screen. I would kill all Corsair services in task manager but the problem still persists.

I resorted to downloading the legacy iLINK software to control the fans, pump and RGB colors and it seems to be working at the moment.

I have not experienced iCue causing any other games and/or programs to crash while using it. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the latest version yielding the same result.

Any others on this forum experiencing similarly?

Thanks for your help and support