Corsair Community

Corsair Link with MSI x399 - RGB RAM unable to be configured in Link

enigmacolossus

Greetings,

I am having the following issue with the Corsair Vengeance RGB RAM

1. Corsair Link detects the RAM but is enable to detect the RGB LEDs, hence I am unable to configure them

2. MSI Mystic does let me configure the RGB LEDs , but only to 2 out of the 4 sticks of RAM I am using, and these 2 are in slot A2 and B2 ( in reference to the manual ). I am unable to set speed / brightness.

I found a FAQ saying the SPD Write should be enabled, but this setting, I can't seem to find in the BIOS. SIV can interact with the RBG LEDs, but I can only get static color.

Any help is appreciated. Thanks

1. I found a FAQ saying the SPD Write should be enabled, but this setting, I can't seem to find in the BIOS.
  2. SIV can interact with the RBG LEDs, but I can only get static color.

I have been wondering when there would be the first post about CL4 failing to control Corsair RGB LED DIMMs on X399 ;):.

1. AFAIK this is only needed for Intel X99 + X299 IMC SMBuses.
  2. Corsair declined to make the RGB LED DIMM datasheet available to me which makes things tricky. I plan to add more modes once I figure out how to.
  3. Does MSI Mystic use the Global\Access_SMBUS.HTP.Method lock, to check see if it's listed on Menu->Help->Lock Handle. It not then it should do and needs to be fixed.
  4. What are the DIMM SMBus addresses? Please post the [Link LEDs] + [ SPD ] + [DIMM Status] panels so I can check and maybe comment further.
  5. I should add MSI x399 Gaming Pro Carbon support to SIV, out of interest how does it do? Please post the initial SIV screen.

See http://forum.corsair.com/forums/showthread.php?p=853900 for how to attach a file/screen image to a post.

Thank you, SIV looks to have done OK on your X399 Gaming Pro Carbon and I can't see anything that needs looking at.

Was MSI Mystic active? If so then it's not using the lock and needs to be fixed to use the Global\Access_SMBUS.HTP.Method lock.

Most motherboards have the DIMMs from 0x50->0x53 + LEDs from 0x58->0x5B so I expect it's the LEDs at 0x5D + 0x5F that MSI Mystic can't control and it needs to be fixed by MSI.

With luck the next release of CL4 will do better, but AFAIK it's not possible to get CL 4.8.0.82 + CL 4.8.2.1 to work on X399 motherboards.

At the time I took the screenshots, I just uninstalled Mystic Light, as the version I grabbed from the forums (supposedly a newer version) , was doing something weird. It was making Windows Malware eat 10% CPU as Mystic Light was generating a log file that went up to 5MB, then back to 1M, and it would repeat (it only size and resized the same log file)

• Corsair Employee

We're currently working on adding X399 support to Corsair Link. Every time a new platform comes out, our software team has to go back and work with the motherboard vendors to ensure support, so it winds up being a little time consuming.

I just ask that you be patient, it IS coming.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Those LED controls may not show up until we've added X399 compatibility. We're working on it and planning it for a future release.

I'm having issues trying to change Blue LED from a previous setting to Red, but The Corsair Link doesn't see the H100i now??....

-The H100i is running.

-Fans running with no issues.

-Pump LED is set to BLUE from previous setting.

-Link is running and detects all other devices ==> Except for the H100i?? <==

-I unplugged and plugged the USB Dongle.

-I switched USB connections and the (ASUS Rampage IV Black Edition) USB headers are not the problem, as I tested other devices with no issues.

-I uninstalled and installed the latest Corsair Link software.

>I keep getting this message only when I connect The Corsair USB Dongle: (USB Device not recognized One of the devices attached to this computer has malfunctioned and windows does not recognize it.)

>Under Device Manager I see this message : Unknown USB Device (Device Descriptor Request Failed)

I had this before working on Win7 Pro 64 set to Blue color for about a 2-3 years, but now on Win10 Pro 64 it doesn't recognize the H100i device? and I'm building this for a customer who wants his color theme Black/Red

If it's the Dongle, where can I get another to test it??

I'm having issues trying to change Blue LED from a previous setting to Red, but The Corsair Link doesn't see the H100i now??....

-The H100i is running.

-Fans running with no issues.

-Pump LED is set to BLUE from previous setting.

-Link is running and detects all other devices ==> Except for the H100i?? <==

-I unplugged and plugged the USB Dongle.

-I switched USB connections and the (ASUS Rampage IV Black Edition) USB headers are not the problem, as I tested other devices with no issues.

-I uninstalled and installed the latest Corsair Link software.

>I keep getting this message only when I connect The Corsair USB Dongle: (USB Device not recognized One of the devices attached to this computer has malfunctioned and windows does not recognize it.)

>Under Device Manager I see this message : Unknown USB Device (Device Descriptor Request Failed)

I had this before working on Win7 Pro 64 set to Blue color for about a 2-3 years, but now on Win10 Pro 64 it doesn't recognize the H100i device? and I'm building this for a customer who wants his color theme Black/Red

If it's the Dongle, where can I get another to test it??

I took the Dongle off my son's H110i and plugged it to the H100i and right away the Link recognized the H100i, I was able to turn the LED Red!!! the Issue is resolved!!!!:headbang:

Archived