The Corsair User Forums  

Go Back   The Corsair User Forums > Corsair Product Discussion > Corsair Utility Engine (CUE) 1.x and 2.x > CUE 1.x and 2.x RGB Profiles and Profile Discussions

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 12-23-2017, 05:33 PM
EXILE157's PC Specs

POST ID # = 931996
EXILE157 Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by c-attack View Post
You need to save the profile you want to the device hardware. No software can control something when it isn’t running — like during boot. Much of the information in this older thread is dated and it’s probably better to start a new one.
From what I've read supposedly it saves automatically when I set the profile as I only see a (revert option) and not a (save option). Can you please show me the steps on how to exactly save the profile.

Old 12-23-2017, 06:39 PM
c-attack's PC Specs

POST ID # = 932010
c-attack c-attack Reputation: 107

It will save to the software filed buried in your C:/User/(name)/App Data files. However, hardware saving requires a direct process from within Link.

What device is this for? Usually there is a little mini-chip icon in the profile drop down list. This is a representation of your hardware save. For my K95 Platinum, this is called K95P HW1 (and HW2 & HW3). The names may vary a little by device. You can create a profile in CUE, and then at the bottom of the left hand side menu is a button bar "save profile to device". It only appears when a HW profile is selected. A word of caution: if you can save multiple profiles to your device (HW1,2,3) do not mix and match Basic and Advanced profiles. Your will get an error message each and every time you bring CUE up. The default profiles are usually variations of the rainbow stuff in the Basic tab. You can use either, but complex effects like gradients and waves do not work without CUE. However, you can still do multiple color layers in either mode. Some of this varies by device and type.

Old 12-27-2017, 05:37 AM
EXILE157's PC Specs

POST ID # = 932445

Quote:
It will save to the software filed buried in your C:/User/(name)/App Data files. However, hardware saving requires a direct process from within Link.

What device is this for? Usually there is a little mini-chip icon in the profile drop down list. This is a representation of your hardware save. For my K95 Platinum, this is called K95P HW1 (and HW2 & HW3). The names may vary a little by device. You can create a profile in CUE, and then at the bottom of the left hand side menu is a button bar "save profile to device". It only appears when a HW profile is selected. A word of caution: if you can save multiple profiles to your device (HW1,2,3) do not mix and match Basic and Advanced profiles. Your will get an error message each and every time you bring CUE up. The default profiles are usually variations of the rainbow stuff in the Basic tab. You can use either, but complex effects like gradients and waves do not work without CUE. However, you can still do multiple color layers in either mode. Some of this varies by device and type.
Ok. So far I believe I managed to save my K70 (Static Blue) to device, now I'm trying to link the (ST100 Stand) to the K70 profile, but I'm not seeing a option to do so?...Do I need to create a separate file or folder for the headset stand as well??...I notice Logitech seems much more simplify, very user friendly with a click in a box all devices are linked in same color profile.

Old 12-27-2017, 09:20 AM
c-attack's PC Specs

POST ID # = 932483
c-attack c-attack Reputation: 107

No, when you select the "Static Blue" profile, click the ST100 device from the top row next to your K70. You can clean up this area by clicking the gear to go into setting, then go to the bottom and check "show only connected devices". That will remove the icons for all the stuff you don't have.

Now it should be just the keyboard and headset. Both devices are automatically tied to each other in the same profile. Select the ST100 and then the + key on the left to add a lighting effect.

Last edited by c-attack; 12-27-2017 at 09:24 PM.

Old 12-29-2017, 06:53 PM

POST ID # = 932926
Our Reputation: 10
Default CUE v2

Okay I know I'm late to the party but, I just got the Corsair Strafe and Scimitar delivered today, and downloaded the CUE v2, at first I struggled to figure out how to set up a profile, and I'm still figuring out how to use some of its features. But as someone who just started using Corsair equipment and software, I don't think the CUE v2 is as difficult as some people make it out to be.

Old 12-30-2017, 04:45 AM
EXILE157's PC Specs

POST ID # = 932969

Quote:
No, when you select the "Static Blue" profile, click the ST100 device from the top row next to your K70. You can clean up this area by clicking the gear to go into setting, then go to the bottom and check "show only connected devices". That will remove the icons for all the stuff you don't have.

Now it should be just the keyboard and headset. Both devices are automatically tied to each other in the same profile. Select the ST100 and then the + key on the left to add a lighting effect.
Sorry for the late response I only get on my setup on the weekends or when I have days off.

Yeah I did it right then , thank you for the help and have a Happy New Year!