The Corsair User Forums  

Go Back   The Corsair User Forums > Corsair Product Discussion > Keyboards and Mice

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-10-2017, 12:09 PM

POST ID # = 907445
cxmachi Reputation: 10
Angry Steam and anything that polls USB devices crashes because of K70 RGB Lux

I am having an issue that is most definitely an issue with the K70 Lux RGB and how it interacts with the USB ports on this PC.

Whenever I plug in a USB device (be it a controller, a secondary mouse), Steam will freeze. The caps lock and num lock indicator on the keyboard will also not work anymore.

As soon as I set the polling switch on the keyboard to BIOS, then Steam unfreezes. When I set it back to

This is most definitely an issue with the keyboard as I have not had any of these issues prior to owning this keyboard. While you can say that it might be a compatibility issue with Steam, that's not really acceptable considering a gaming keyboard should at the very LEAST be working with Steam.

I've tried changing between USB ports, from USB 2.0 to 3.0 and back. Tried updating all the drivers and it's still the same issue. I've looked all over these forums and there is definitely quite a few of us experiencing the same issue.

Steps to Reproduce:
1. Start computer.
2. Notice that CUE has loaded up since my lights are showing RGB effects
3. Plug in a USB device like a controller or another mouse
4. Notice that Steam freezes and is unusable. ALSO notice that if you press Caps Lock or Numlock, the lights will not light up, no matter what you do.
5. Set polling switch to BIOS
6. Steam now unfreezes and is usable.
7. Set polling back to default. Caps lock and Numlock also now works again.
8. You can now unplug and replug USB devices without issue, but this only lasts for maybe 1 or 2 replugs. You have to go back to Step 1 again.

I don't want to have to do this workaround every single time. Note, I also just tested this and you can replace Steam with the Windows USB Game Controller screen. This keyboard is definitely causing USB conflicts and it's not just me.

Relevant specs:
Motherboard - Asus Maximus IX Hero
Keyboard - Corsair K70 RGB Lux

Attaching CUE log files as well
Attached Files
File Type: zip 2017-06-10T11-48-37 - Copy.zip (1.7 KB, 187 views)

Last edited by cxmachi; 06-10-2017 at 12:16 PM.

Tags
cue, freeze, freezing, steam, usb