Corsair Community

The Official Corsair Carbide 540 AIR Owners and Builds Thread

Hello everyone. This is my first post here to the Corsair forums. I arrived here after posting a pic of my new Corsair 540 case to the Corsair Facebook page and they recommended I check out this thread.

I really love the clean look with the hidden PSU and cable management. With the Corsair Enthusiast TX750 PSU there are just so many cables that the bundles look sloppy in a normal case.

Now with the new case the only thing I changed was the case (obviously) and the GPU ...

Everything now looks so amazingly clean. My next set of plans are to add a Corsair Hydro Series H110.

So much cleaner with the new case awesome. Do not count out the H100i. Love my cooler

• Confused 1

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yep most clean on the main side but what does the chamber side look like?;):

im working on a neat way to hide even that...

Yeah the other side is cluttered but still better than the original case I used. I think when I get the liquid cooling I am going to get a Corsair modular PSU which will allow me to get rid of at least half of the unused cables currently on my Enthusiast TX750.

I would like to be able to clean that side also and have a clear panel so you can see both sides.

Haha, yes.

Playing around with hardware so much means I don't always want to take the time to get everything looking pretty everytime I do something.

Also having a lot of hardware can mean you do in fact have to use almost every cable!

At one point I was using every cable I had for my HX520.

I'll be installing a 2nd GTX 670 later this evening so I'll have to post a couple updated shots as I have also added a HX850 and Crucial m500 since the last picture!

Got myself a few upgrades today. X79 - deluxe and 4820k. Post some pics tomorrow. Just has time to leave the bag in the game room and head out for afternoon shift. This is gonna b a long day.

Have to compare batch #s wytnyt. Once we get some overclocking underway.

edit: Well boys looks like I won the lottery for once. Pretty golden sample here.

http://i57.tinypic.com/34sgj1j.jpg

Max temp was 73°C after bunch of linx avx runs on maximum ram. These 4820k run cool as hell. Guessing it has something to do with the ihs being made to deal with the heat of a hex core. My 2600k was 15°C hotter at same clocks. 1.42v tho lol.

edit 2: don't know y pic is sideways but you guys can deal.

Edited by HOODedAssault

Show us the pictures tonight quite looking forward to it.

Haha, well I got the 2nd 670 late last night and got it installed.

This morning I was browsing the forums looking for a card for my brother and two GTX680s came up at 235 a piece with a discount for local pickup...

He was literally 3-4 blocks away so we went down and paid $400 for the pair of MSI GTX680 2gb cards.

I have the GTX680s in my system right now and I'm debating making an offer to my brother for a trade with my pair of 670s and some other stuff to sweeten the deal.

I'll get some pictures up soon, just been busy swapping stuff around and I'm not entirely sure what cards will be staying. :roll:

I want the 680s just because I would "appreciate" them more!

Have to compare batch #s wytnyt. Once we get some overclocking underway.

ill be running a 4930k,it isnt the same as yours

of course by the time im benchmarking,yours will be ready for a upgrade,considering how slow i am:D:

almost got my upper fan bracket finished,i just need to come up with another 1/8 inch somewhere...

go custom cooling hood;):

of course the 110 will liven up your build for sure...

Sigh... I know your right. $400 or so with shipping is putting me off tho. That's without gpu block.

Update:

Overclock Complete

variance in gflops is from youtube videos while waiting.

http://i58.tinypic.com/t82kvr.png

For now... Still gotta get the ram to 2400mhz, Haven't tried yet prob just have to change multiplier lol.

Edited by HOODedAssault

Nice overclock on that 4820k.

Your X79 board does look nice in there.

I like the H110 but at some point I would love to build my own WC loop.

At least with a custom loop if you don't get too addicted to it you really only need to swap out GPU blocks every upgrade or so.

It doesn't take long to start spending a ton if you're swapping out pumps, radiators and going through hoses and fittings like candy!

First time on the Corsair forums... ;):

Just a couple of pics from my recent swap from a Cooler Master HAF case into an Air 540. Nothing fancy, only actual mod is the purple painted screen on the case.

http://imgur.com/8qFb7iX.jpg

http://imgur.com/CLBrwdA.jpg

http://imgur.com/qafEK0h.jpg

http://imgur.com/I4AdWBY.jpg

http://imgur.com/dCJGyh0.jpg

Edited by sfprankster
  • Like 1

Nice overclock on that 4820k.

Your X79 board does look nice in there.

I like the H110 but at some point I would love to build my own WC loop.

At least with a custom loop if you don't get too addicted to it you really only need to swap out GPU blocks every upgrade or so.

It doesn't take long to start spending a ton if you're swapping out pumps, radiators and going through hoses and fittings like candy!

thats why corsairs hydros are so popular,for my 4th build i decided to do a custom loop and just topped 1k on cooling parts...:(:

1K holy crap. I was thinking about grabbing an xspc 240 rad kit with d5 vario pump and a 780 block. Would be like 500 with shipping all said and done. I suppose once you have 2 rads a crap load of custom fitting and good tubing etc. It can ad up quick. I'm too Dutch to spend that kind of money on cooling I think.

Plus I just noticed the new 780ti dc2 comes in black and gold option. Would look so good with my board. Decisions decisions.

Edited by HOODedAssault

1K holy crap. I was thinking about grabbing an xspc 240 rad kit with d5 vario pump and a 780 block. Would be like 500 with shipping all said and done. I suppose once you have 2 rads a crap load of custom fitting and good tubing etc. It can ad up quick. I'm too Dutch to spend that kind of money on cooling I think.

Plus I just noticed the new 780ti dc2 comes in black and gold option. Would look so good with my board. Decisions decisions.

i had thought fitting would had been the cheapest,in single parts they are but the price really adds up when you get a dozen,,of course i got a few extra items to try and avoid a re-order

the 540 is a great case,i think youll love it,im waiting [hoping] on a new version thats 1 inch taller and longer as it would make custom cooling much easier...

i had thought fitting would had been the cheapest,in single parts they are but the price really adds up when you get a dozen,,of course i got a few extra items to try and avoid a re-order

Sounds like you've done DIY residential plumbing repair in the past :p:

Sounds like you've done DIY residential plumbing repair in the past :p:

At least with that you can go down to rona or home depot for parts. Water cooling pc it's like "oh crap, I forgot a fitting", 2 weeks later your back up and running. Maybe not that long for those of you in US but shipping to Canada takes forever. Costs an arm and a leg too. Don'tthink there's any retailers with custom cooling parts.

True but the idea is the same. I don't want to have to crawl out from under my sink or whatever and go to Home Depot 3 times. I over-buy and return stuff later as opposed to the multiple trips interrupting work. As you noted, it would be even worse and a much longer wait each time you came up short on WC parts. It's a full day even if you are ordering from Amazon expedited Prime.