Corsair Community

Slightly confused on 12 fan setup

theorist

Hey all, Im building a new PC and Im a little confused on how I should go about doing my cooling.

I have at my disposal...

9 QL120 RGB case fans

3 Node Cores

1 Commander Pro

1 8-way powered pwm hub

2 pwm Y-splitters

and also using a Kraken x73 with its 3 fans in push pull with 3 of the aforementioned QL120s

I think I have most of it figured out....I understand the power limits on the Commander Pro - no more than 2 per header and its recommended no more than 9 total

But Im wondering if someone can verify that these recommendations can be ignored IF im using the powered pwm hub connected to one of the CoPro headers?

Essentially, what Im thinking is this...

6 QL120 fans rgb connected to 1 Node Core

3 QL120 fans (in a push-pull config with the Kraken x73 fans) rgb connected to a 2nd Node Core

both Node Cores connected to CoPro

and then all 12 fans (including the 3 Kraken x73 fans) connected to the CoPro by way of the powered 8-way pwm hub to 1 header plus 4 additional headers on the CoPro.

I apologize if this is all over the place, hopefully you can get the jist of what Im saying. Thanks in advance!

Oh wow, I think it was possibly an earlier version of that exact graphic I found on google images that I was going by.

Thank you. I appreciate the response. This is my first desktop build in about 8 years so all of the RGB stuff is pretty new to me. Back then it was pretty much cold cathode tubes and basic led fans. lol

Anyways, thanks agin.

Oh wow, I think it was possibly an earlier version of that exact graphic I found on google images that I was going by.

Thank you. I appreciate the response. This is my first desktop build in about 8 years so all of the RGB stuff is pretty new to me. Back then it was pretty much cold cathode tubes and basic led fans. lol

Anyways, thanks agin.

yep i am also from that world lol.. still got my rounded uv reactive stainless steel braided IDE cables somewhere haha...

Welcome back man.. its a new world where all the stuff you wanted back then is now on a shelf waiting to be fitted and not made by your self from zipties/velcro and old TV Tubes lol :)

if you have not read it. my faq is worth a go through once or twice..

https://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=173880

Haha old tv tubes, thats great! Im definitely spoiling myself with this build a little, all the new fancy toys were whispering to me. The AIO is just a holdover until later this summer when I dip my toes back into doing a custom water loop. The only watercool builds I did back then were soft tubing so Im anxious to play with some distro plates and hard line tubing.

Anyways, im rambling. Also, yeah, I took a look at the FAQ and wow, a wealth of info - thank you! I appreciate the welcome, bro. Blessings!

• Like 1