Corsair Community

Same product reference but different version

Grap

Hi,

My PC was working perfectly until very recently when I decided to upgrade my RAM (my MB is an ASUS P5E3). Here is the detail:

For many years, I had 2 memory sticks with this reference: CM3X1024-1333C9 (version 1.1) . It appears that this was recognised only as @ 1066 (7 7 7 20) but as it was working properly that was fine for me and didn't change anything.

This week I decided to increase my RAM and to avoid any issues I bought 2 new memory stick with the exact same reference (version 2.4).

The issue is that this time they are recognised @1333 (9 9 9 24)

As a consequence I have now 4 memory sticks (1Go) with the same reference but

- 2 are @1066 (7 7 7 20)

- 2 are @1333 (9 9 9 24)

I was considering to force the frequency in the BIOS but then I have no idea on what the other parameters should be ...

So, any idea on how to fix this would be more than welcome. :confused:

Thank you

regards

• Corsair Employee

You cannot run the Memory Frequency faster than the CPU FSB with that MB so we would need to know the CPU you have installed?

And I would not suggest mixing these but if you do more then likely you will have to run them at DDR1066 and set the memory Voltage to 1.6-1.7 Volts and increase the NB Voltage +.1 Volts as well and if Command Rate is listed set it to 2T and set the timings to AUTO but if its not stable set them manually to Cas 8-8-8-24.

Thank you RAM Guy for your prompt response.

My CPU is an Intel Duo e8400 @ 3Ghz

It's a bit unfair that I can not mix these memory sticks given that they are in theory exactly the same and I just spent £32 pounds for it (I had never heard about version before that day)

I'll try your suggestion. Just to be sure on the NB Voltage, it was set to AUTO so I don't know what the starting point should be. Should I start at the minimum (1.25 if I remember)

Given the lack of information when I bought my memory and the fact that the exact same product reference could come with different voltage and could be non compatible, :mad:, I have sent back this product to Amazon and asked for a full refund

I just regret the time I have spent on this question.

Archived