Corsair Community

PBT key cap - They don't last.

DoomFree

EQZeecGU8AATGDt?format=jpg&name=small

I'm a very early adopter and I'd say the key cap set has disappointingly short life span. 1 just broke, and visible crack was seen in most if not all caps already.

I'm considering to switch keyboard brand in prospect that down the line I'll need to replace the key caps again, and your closest competitor is selling a set at half the price.

TL;DR - bought PBT set because ABS mounts cracked, PBT set mounts cracked just like ABS.

Edited by DoomFree

gotta be honest.. was also an early adopter. 2 sets in play and not had that issue my self buddy.. dang!!

Dig it up and look, even if they haven't fall off the cracks are there.

I've found cracks even in Scroll lock key - I don't think I've ever used that key. So it's definitely not a use and wear issue. It's almost a case of built-in obsolescence...

And to find cracks in space bar ... is a pain in the S, because that 1 key is where every brand don't play well with each other.

Maybe we just missed it? My original PBT aftermarket set is three plus years old and gets banged around on my travel keyboard. No cracks. My year and half of K70 SE with PBT - no cracks. New K95 XT - thankfully no cracks.

You have cracked every key on every keyboard you have? Or are we missing something?

ERWUEliU0AAQDYf?format=jpg&name=small

This is the pause/break key just for example, you can see the crack on it and it's found on every key I pulled so far, so...it's just I'm so unlucky?

edit: Like I said...the key is not falling off or something like that, and these cracks can only be seen in good light condition, but may be it's just all my keyboards... lol

Edited by DoomFree

Maybe we just missed it? My original PBT aftermarket set is three plus years old and gets banged around on my travel keyboard. No cracks. My year and half of K70 SE with PBT - no cracks. New K95 XT - thankfully no cracks.

You have cracked every key on every keyboard you have? Or are we missing something?

It's every keybaord so far...? my old G710 cracked, so I bought the K65, after corsair released PBT I immeidately switch, and here we are.

And if you think it's related to how the keyboard is used...even the pause break key cracked, and I'm 100% sure that key is not used lol

EQZeecGU8AATGDt?format=jpg&name=small

I'm a very early adopter and I'd say the key cap set has disappointingly short life span. 1 just broke, and visible crack was seen in most if not all caps already.

I'm considering to switch keyboard brand in prospect that down the line I'll need to replace the key caps again, and your closest competitor is selling a set at half the price.

TL;DR - bought PBT set because ABS mounts cracked, PBT set mounts cracked just like ABS.

its an issue with most of their keyboards i think. i got the k95 and have half a dozen like that sitting on my table right now and a whole bunch of holes in my keyboard with no caps on them

its an issue with most of their keyboards i think.

Most? lol. thats a bit strong dude.. you know these things sell in there millions right? and so far there are 2 of you here.

if you have an issue then open a ticket buddy. Corsair will sort it.

Most? lol. thats a bit strong dude.. you know these things sell in there millions right? and so far there are 2 of you here.

if you have an issue then open a ticket buddy. Corsair will sort it.

Nope, the caps were bought 2 years ago - just out of warranty.

That's why I'm thinking built in obsolescence