Corsair Community

[Help] Vengeance 1500 V2 Audio Cutting Out In Games

wallywalrus_

Hi all, hope this is the right forum to post in.

Got a problem with my second pair of 1500's. My audio is cutting out in game (source games), and won't turn back on unless I use the console command "snd_restart"

My sound works for a random period of time. It doesn't matter what keys I press, what character I play as, my sound will, at any period of time, cut off. It's important to note, it cuts off after a split second of lag. It will not turn back on unless I use "snd_restart". The console repeats the string, "Couldn't get sound buffer status". After entering snd_restart, sound works, but it will cut out again. It's a never ending loop.

This is a problem with my Corsair headphones. I own a pair of ATH-m40s, and they work, audio doesn't cut out. After doing countless searches and asking multiple people I have received some suggestions that unfortunately, do not work.

I have been suggested to:

Reinstall my games

Update Corsair Vengeance Audio Software

Reinstall Corsair Vengeance Audio Software

Unplug USB cable and plug into a different port

Plug cable into USB 3.0 port

This is driving me up the wall and has been happening for around six days now. Any help is appreciated!

Thanks!

Just to confirm, on a different computer it does not cut out even when playing source games?

Latest BIOS, chipset drivers and Windows updates?

Have you tried adjusting the in-game audio settings? e.g. trying different speaker source 7.1 to 5.1 to 2.0 etc.

Have you tried it without the Corsair audio drivers installed?

Do you have any other audio devices connected to the PC? If so, disconnect them or disable it in Windows and see if that helps.

Latest BIOS and chipset drivers?

You're a legend. I installed Live Update MSI and uptaded everything and it works. It doesn't make sense to me why though. I uninstalled live update from my computer 8 months ago, and didn't update any bios in the meantime.

Archived