The Corsair User Forums  

Go Back   The Corsair User Forums > Corsair Product Discussion > iCUE Software

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 08-24-2018, 03:35 PM
PJH's PC Specs

POST ID # = 970065
PJH Reputation: 20

Hey, hey!

Uninstall Duet Display will fix your problem.
Old 09-15-2018, 07:06 AM

POST ID # = 972826
Kart5a Reputation: 10
Exclamation Viewing iOS Device on the PC caused this error

http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=178172

This helped me. ^

It might be "a conflict with a particular software package that allowed you to view a iOS device on the PC".

I was using program called "Duet Display" (makes iOS Device appear as an additional display). After uninstalling Duet Display -> CUE started working again!
Old 09-16-2018, 04:51 AM
tpechtel's PC Specs

POST ID # = 972944
tpechtel Reputation: 10

I have the same problem and can't solve it for the love of god.

Three days ago, all of a sudden I started to get the "Failed to create OpenGL context" message on Windows/iCue startup. At that point I hadn't changed/influenced my system knowingly. I ran the (at that point) latest 399.07 Nvidia WHQL Drivers. By coincidence, the now latest 399.24 drivers were released pretty much the same time my problems started. And since the error seems related to graphics dlls I tried updating my Nvidia drivers to solve stuff. Nothing changed.

Since there's no way to create a support ticket for that issue - iCUE simply doesn't show up in the product family selection? - and since that error keeps me from using iCUE, managing my devices and thus annoys me to no end I'm looking for solutions here now.

What I tried so far:
  • removing iCUE and the %appdata% Corsair folders
  • reinstalling iCUE latest Version 3.7.99
  • removing ALL nvidia graphics drivers using DDU
  • reinstalling the latest nvidia drivers from scratch after that

What I observed:

When I had to switch my Windows 10 to safe mode to use the DDU tool, thus deactivating the nvidia drivers, I observed that iCUE seemed to basically work quietly in the background.

As soon as I reinstalled the latest nvidia drivers the error message reappeared.

Considering how my problems started I'd rather point my finger on windows updates and/or buggy iCUE software though. I only changed my graphics drivers AFTER the problem occured first time.

EDIT: Also tried rolling back my nvidia drivers to 399.07 and 398~ WHQL drivers using DDU for uninstalling existing drivers first. Didn't help. That intensifies my suspicion towards some odd windows update being the "bad guy" in this one.

Also, when the error message shows up on iCUE startup, I can see the RGB effects on my devices working properly. As soon as I confirm/close the error message, the effects stop working. Looks like iCUE actually still runs in the background while the error message is displayed. Odd enough ...

Insights, ideas, solutions anyone? :/

best regards
tpechtel

Last edited by tpechtel; 09-16-2018 at 08:20 AM. Reason: adding new infos to my problem
Old 09-16-2018, 12:00 PM
CORSAIR Beta Team
DevBiker's PC Specs

POST ID # = 972985
DevBiker Reputation: 94

Quote:
Originally Posted by tpechtel View Post
I have the same problem and can't solve it for the love of god.

Three days ago, all of a sudden I started to get the "Failed to create OpenGL context" message on Windows/iCue startup. At that point I hadn't changed/influenced my system knowingly. I ran the (at that point) latest 399.07 Nvidia WHQL Drivers. By coincidence, the now latest 399.24 drivers were released pretty much the same time my problems started. And since the error seems related to graphics dlls I tried updating my Nvidia drivers to solve stuff. Nothing changed.

Since there's no way to create a support ticket for that issue - iCUE simply doesn't show up in the product family selection? - and since that error keeps me from using iCUE, managing my devices and thus annoys me to no end I'm looking for solutions here now.

What I tried so far:
  • removing iCUE and the %appdata% Corsair folders
  • reinstalling iCUE latest Version 3.7.99
  • removing ALL nvidia graphics drivers using DDU
  • reinstalling the latest nvidia drivers from scratch after that

What I observed:

When I had to switch my Windows 10 to safe mode to use the DDU tool, thus deactivating the nvidia drivers, I observed that iCUE seemed to basically work quietly in the background.

As soon as I reinstalled the latest nvidia drivers the error message reappeared.

Considering how my problems started I'd rather point my finger on windows updates and/or buggy iCUE software though. I only changed my graphics drivers AFTER the problem occured first time.

EDIT: Also tried rolling back my nvidia drivers to 399.07 and 398~ WHQL drivers using DDU for uninstalling existing drivers first. Didn't help. That intensifies my suspicion towards some odd windows update being the "bad guy" in this one.

Also, when the error message shows up on iCUE startup, I can see the RGB effects on my devices working properly. As soon as I confirm/close the error message, the effects stop working. Looks like iCUE actually still runs in the background while the error message is displayed. Odd enough ...

Insights, ideas, solutions anyone? :/

best regards
tpechtel
This has typically been exclusive to DuetDisplay being installed.

I did, however, have issues at one point when I had the iGPU selected as primary in my BIOS, even though I had a discrete GPU. So that may be worth checking.

This comment is provided "as-is", without warranty of any kind, express or implied, including, but not limited to, the sanity or mental fitness of the author. The author is not a Corsair employee, does not represent Corsair, and no comment should be construed as an official statement from Corsair.

Helpful Links and FAQs:
AIO FAQ | RGB FAQ |
HydroX FAQ | RGB Cables |
iCUE Tips & Tricks

Old 09-16-2018, 02:46 PM
tpechtel's PC Specs

POST ID # = 973027
tpechtel Reputation: 10
Happy

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevBiker View Post
This has typically been exclusive to DuetDisplay being installed.
Hi DevBiker,

Thanks for your reply. I actually happen to have DuetDisplay installed, used it a few months back to have my iPad substitute for a second screen to watch my twitch dashboard while streaming. Just uninstalled it, now iCIE works like a charm again.

However, iCUE WORKED fine with DuetDisplay installed just a few days ago. There were no DuetDisplay updates in between as far as I know. So how does that make sense now

Anyway, thanks for pointing me in the right direction.
Old 09-16-2018, 08:39 PM
CORSAIR Beta Team
DevBiker's PC Specs

POST ID # = 973059

Quote:
Originally Posted by tpechtel View Post
Hi DevBiker,

Thanks for your reply. I actually happen to have DuetDisplay installed, used it a few months back to have my iPad substitute for a second screen to watch my twitch dashboard while streaming. Just uninstalled it, now iCIE works like a charm again.

However, iCUE WORKED fine with DuetDisplay installed just a few days ago. There were no DuetDisplay updates in between as far as I know. So how does that make sense now

Anyway, thanks for pointing me in the right direction.
How did it work? I have no idea. All I know is that we've had a number of users with issues related to DuetDisplay. Considering that, I'm actually surprised that it worked!

As for why it's an issue? Again, I have no idea ... it appears that DuetDisplay does something with OpenGL. Personally, I don't have it installed as I have declared my home an Apple Free Zone.

This comment is provided "as-is", without warranty of any kind, express or implied, including, but not limited to, the sanity or mental fitness of the author. The author is not a Corsair employee, does not represent Corsair, and no comment should be construed as an official statement from Corsair.

Helpful Links and FAQs:
AIO FAQ | RGB FAQ |
iCUE Tips & Tricks

Old 11-20-2018, 08:48 PM

POST ID # = 981409
tekfr33kn Reputation: 10
Default It's not just DuetDisplay

While I appreciate that the issue has pointed in the direction of DuetDisplay, I can confirm that it's not the only cause for the OpenGL error. I just bought my first Corsair mouse and got hit with this error. I don't have DuetDisplay installed. In fact I don't have anything related to iOS installed on my machine. I'm an Android guy.

I am curious though how Corsair plans on dealing with this issue that seems to be plaguing so many people. I'd hate to have to fish my box out of the trash and return my brand new mouse for software that wasn't sufficiently beta tested.
Old 11-21-2018, 02:19 AM
CORSAIR Beta Team
DevBiker's PC Specs

POST ID # = 981430

OK. You don't have DuetDisplay ... so that's new. Can you provide some more details? Logs?

As for "Corsair dealing with this issue" ... I don't think that it's Corsair's issue to deal with but DuetDisplay's. Why can't they share OpenGL nicely? As for the beta testing ... it was pretty extensive. But considering the number of 3rd party applications out there, it's impossible to test with every single one.

Helpful Links and FAQs:
AIO FAQ | RGB FAQ |
iCUE Tips & Tricks