Corsair Community

LL120 Default/Demo Lighting Effect in iCUE

92_12Valve

Good Day,

I am wondering if there is a way to set the default/demo lighting effect that comes with the LL120 fans within the iCUE software? I like the software in that I can easily monitor temps/change fan speeds etc, but I absolutely love the default lighting that comes with the LL120 fans and that is not an option from the lighting effects in iCUE. Is there plans to implement this in the future?

If not, can I do this in Link? Or do I need to uninstall the software all together just to get that sweet lighting effect back?

Tyler,

Ya know, there are some people that really hate that effect.

I believe the default effect is rainbow wave in iCUE.

It's not rainbow wave. I want to be able to have the demo/factory effect of the LL120 but while still using iCUE to monitor temps and control fan speeds.

• 2 weeks later...
It's not rainbow wave. I want to be able to have the demo/factory effect of the LL120 but while still using iCUE to monitor temps and control fan speeds.

I'm in the exact same boat. I have everything setup correctly in iCUE as far as what devices are connected to my copro's, yet the "Rainbow Wave" effect in iCUE is different than if I simply close iCUE and let all of my LL fans go back to their default setting. Without iCUE running, a rainbow wave travels throughout all of my devices connected (14 LL fans, chassis lighting on 1000D, and Vengeance RGB Pro RAM). With iCUE running, no chosen effect replicates this, and instead each device has its own rainbow wave travelling within the device's own LEDs.

I don't see why the default setting isn't available since it's clearly a programmed effect, and thus to have the effect I can't have iCUE running, so I simply open iCUE to set my fan speeds, then close it. This isn't a huge deal but definitely defeats the purpose of the software.

Additionally it sucks because I want to buy the MM800 RGB Mouse Pad, but by default it does the spiral rainbow effect, not the rainbow wave. To get the rainbow wave with the mousepad I would need to have iCUE running, but then I wouldn't get the sequential rainbow wave on my other devices. It also begs the question of why the default for the RGB strips, chassis lighting, LL fans, and RAM is a sequential rainbow wave, but for the mousepad it's the spiral rainbow effect. Why aren't they all the same default at least? This could all be alleviated if the mousepad default firmware could be overwritten (a common complaint it seems).

• 3 months later...
Hey, I know I'm kinda late but, i kind of made something that 'kind of' acts like the default settings. Now, it wont be sequential like the default but it works just like it. What I did was created 2 lighting effects, the first one was Color Warp and on top of that was Heart beat.

Did you select the "Rainbow Wave" effect under the "Lighting Link" column?

That said, I also like the default Hardware Rainbow Wave effect better than iCue's Software Rainbow Wave one, even though both are nice and should be available for both Software and Hardware (call them Rainbow Wave 1 and Rainbow Wave 2 or something).

Also, it would also be nice if "Spiral Rainbow" was available as Hardware effect on all devices, not just Platinum Coolers and any other effects should also be available in both Software or Hardware on all devices, since there seem to be a bunch that appear on some devices and not others or Software or Hardware exclusively.

It would also be great if iCue gave us an option to use "Hardware Lighting Only" (override Software Lighting with the Hardware Lighting settings) since the effects are a bit different in the Hardware or the software version.

• 1 month later...

Bumping to see if anyone knows if this is fixed yet...

(Also, just joined this forum because of this hehe...)

Fwiw, I tried Link first because that is what was on the product page... only to read here that it is being discontinued. Don't want to try iCue until I know this is resolved.

• 2 months later...
I agree with the original poster. I Loved the fans when i turned them on then I installed Icue and they went dark. I set the channel and then nothing as nice as without even touching them. I thought the original setting would be a starting point and only get better. Would love to know if and when this is fixed.

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone heard of any updates on this?

I saw on another thread that the bottom option "color warp" was supposed to do this and to that users credit it's definitely the closest to the original, but it's certainly not the same. The fans cycle multiple colors at a time by default and max only have 2 on at a time with this iCue mode.

• 2 weeks later...
Anyone heard of any updates on this?

I saw on another thread that the bottom option "color warp" was supposed to do this and to that users credit it's definitely the closest to the original, but it's certainly not the same. The fans cycle multiple colors at a time by default and max only have 2 on at a time with this iCue mode.

Yup that was my bad. Shortly after I made that post and was using color warp I realized it's not the same. Should've updated my post (my apologies), but I just gave up and haven't been using iCUE because of it (unless I'm running FC5 colors for 4th of July or something).

The default lighting on the hardware without iCUE running is just the best imo. Glad to see others feel the same. Wish the Corsair dev team also felt this way =(