Corsair Community

[BUG] - Fan #1 speed doesn't change

I've got 8 LL fans (6x120mm 2x140mm) - all 8 are lit off a commander pro, and 4 of the 120mm and the 2 140mm fans are speed controlled off the commander pro, with the 2 LL fans I have on my CPU cooler controlled by the mobo. Also a LNP with 4 LED strips on one channel.

All lighting and functionality seems to work great, with the exception of fan #1, which sits at a constant 650 RPM no matter what. The fan worked perfectly under LINK.

I have all the fans on a custom curve, and it works just fine. I can set a zero RPM layer, and every fan will turn off when I add them to it - but not fan #1.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Can you tell us what fan 1 is connected to? Also, can you export logs and upload them for the Corsair team to review the issue?

Fan #1 power is connected to the #1 fan port on the Commander Pro.

I will export logs later tonight when I get home and send to you guys!

I had the same problem with 4 HD120's and a Commander Pro on the latest firmware, I couldn't control Fan 1, but Fans 2-4 were fine.

Went into setting and forced a firmware update. Once complete, Fan 1 began working as expected.

I'll give that a try tonight when I get home.

Hi, I also had the same issue and forced firmware update. it resolved the issue above, however, for me, Fan 2 is now at a fixed RPM and also in iCUE the Monitor is showing as 0 RMP even though I can see the fan spinning. Happy to provide more information if that helps

im having the same problem where Fan #2 isnt letting me change the speed. It shows as 750RPM but it will not let me change the Mode, which all my others are on my "Gaming" mode this one i guess acts like its not a PWM fan, even though its an LL120 Fan.

I have ML Fans which are also PWM. the Fan was working and the RPM and fan curve did change. however, at the time Fan 1 was not responding to changes so as per the forum suggestion I forced updated the Firmware and that fixed Fan 1 but then Fan 2 was stuck. I have attached an image of how the setting look. I know it's in Early access so hopefully, this would be looked at

Capture.thumb.PNG.6dc0158b33021a9c0cb6dd805c339296.PNG

I have ML Fans which are also PWM. the Fan was working and the RPM and fan curve did change. however, at the time Fan 1 was not responding to changes so as per the forum suggestion I forced updated the Firmware and that fixed Fan 1 but then Fan 2 was stuck. I have attached an image of how the setting look. I know it's in Early access so hopefully, this would be looked at

Actually, exporting your System Info and Logs would be helpful.

thank you for replying back. I have tried to upload the iCue Log and system info, however, the forum won't allow me to as some security token is missing. is there anything else I can do?

Put it on Google Drive, Drop Box, One Drive ... any of the many cloud file locations ... and provide a link.

Try this:

Exit CUE

Stop Corsair.Service.

Delete the Settings file under %PROGRAMDATA%\Corsair\CUE\Settings

Start Corsair.Service, this should rebuild the list of LINK devices, sensors, fans, etc.

Open CUE

thanks for the quick reply. I have tried it but it didn't work. on closer examination of the setting file, I found that it was only building 5 fans when I have 6. I've attached the setting file in the one drive as SettingsCopy, if I was to copy the code and change the value to 6 would that work or is there a specific way this is built? i have repeated the action twice. same result each time.

Got it all loaded up. Looks great, too bad it doesn't work. I was very excited to finally be able to use my LL fans the way I wanted to.

( the below is ONLY for fan control, not lighting. Oddly enough, the lighting works across all 6 ).

First my fan list under commander pro is "2,1,3,4,5,6" which i found a bit odd, but I can work with that.

However, I can only control fans 2,1. I can not assign nor control fans 3,4,5,6 all of which are connected to the exact same commander pro ( and yes, I did a forced firmware update just in case ).

So I uninstalled the software completely. I removed the %programdata%\corsair directly as well as ALL Corsair data under user\appdata. However, when I re-install and launch, nothing changes, AND the custom fan mode profile I started to make is still there. Fans 2 and 1 are both set to extreme still, the dashboard is still like I had it set as well. It's like there is more configuration out there and it's being left and not rebuilding.

*Update*

Got it to work finally... There are several other places configs are stored. Also delete from %userprofile%\appdata\local\corsair and from %userprofile%\appdata\roaming\corsair. In my case I just removed the entire corsair directory from each as well as from %programdata% as previously mentioned.

Edited by rkennison

Got it all loaded up. Looks great, too bad it doesn't work. I was very excited to finally be able to use my LL fans the way I wanted to.

( the below is ONLY for fan control, not lighting. Oddly enough, the lighting works across all 6 ).

First my fan list under commander pro is "2,1,3,4,5,6" which i found a bit odd, but I can work with that.

However, I can only control fans 2,1. I can not assign nor control fans 3,4,5,6 all of which are connected to the exact same commander pro ( and yes, I did a forced firmware update just in case ).

So I uninstalled the software completely. I removed the %programdata%\corsair directly as well as ALL Corsair data under user\appdata. However, when I re-install and launch, nothing changes, AND the custom fan mode profile I started to make is still there. Fans 2 and 1 are both set to extreme still, the dashboard is still like I had it set as well. It's like there is more configuration out there and it's being left and not rebuilding.

*Update*

Got it to work finally... There are several other places configs are stored. Also delete from %userprofile%\appdata\local\corsair and from %userprofile%\appdata\roaming\corsair. In my case I just removed the entire corsair directory from each as well as from %programdata% as previously mentioned.

sounded promising so I gave it a try. I uninstalled everything for corsair link or Cue. then deleted anything that was left over. reinstalled it and it hasn't made a difference. to note that the fans do work Fans 1,3,4,5,6 all are controllable via iCue Performance, however, Fan 2 is stuck at a Fixed RPM. within iCue it cannot be controlled nor does it show any RMP Readings.

2 fans which were for my radiator I connected back to the Fan splitter on the H100i V2 so it gave back the 2 fan connectors on the Commander Pro. I have skipped the Fan 2 port and just connected the fans to 1,3,4,5 problem avoided for now for me.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
any change that corsair is looking into this and to resolve?

A lot of hurry they do not have, they already have their products sold for months

I have problems with the control of the fans, they can not be configured manually, nor can they be stopped completely ...

Neither can the lights be controlled individually, fan 1 controls the first two, and fan 2 controls the next four.

what a disaster!

A lot of hurry they do not have, they already have their products sold for months

I would disagree with this. They are working as quickly as they can. The reality is that software development is hard and this is a large project. It can only go so quickly. I know this is a news flash to many but devs don't just wave a magic wand over the screen and the code suddenly works.

I have problems with the control of the fans, they can not be configured manually, nor can they be stopped completely ...

Neither can the lights be controlled individually, fan 1 controls the first two, and fan 2 controls the next four.

what a disaster!

So ... you have some issues but you're providing some very general, high level complaints that don't give us the information that we need to actually work through what's going on. Which fans are you having difficulty controlling and what are they connected to? What lights are you talking about and what are they connected to?