Corsair Community

MP600 1 TB is very slow!

• Replies 303
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Corsair Employee
Finally my Advanced RMA arrived

the lowest write speed I got was 3900MB/s, Now this is an acceptable drop in the performance not getting 20% of the advertised speed

seems my issue got resolved now I'm gonna send the old one back to corsair

Big thanks to Corsair Kevin he was the only one who believed that there was something abnormal and helped me

P.S there was a difference in the backing between the new(yellow) and old one (white)

Again THANKS Kevin

Glad you're seeing the proper performance numbers, Jordan. Most, if not all, of us here are open to the possibility of issues in any of the products we offer, whether it's due to an inherent design flaw or limited to a specific batch of any given product due to manufacturing. That being said, we also want to make sure we collect enough data before saying just to RMA primarily as a way to determine if there's a bigger issue we need to resolve. I really do appreciate your patience through this whole process, and it's always my pleasure to help out.

Still, my/our work is far from over, because once we receive the units from those affected here, we will begin failure analysis on them and really get to the cause of these performance drops.

Thanks again!

• Corsair Employee
Good for You, Im still waiting mine but no notification for me, RMA said i need to send them but here Kevin said that i need to send mine then i receive my replacement. Hmmm.

Hi Rim, did you specifically mention doing an advanced RMA with support? If not, can you PM me your ticket number and I'll get one of the support staff to look it up and I'll see what we can get underway.

As for the packaging differences, when we launch completely new products, there's a lot of logistical stuff that goes on in the background, particularly with packaging design. The white boxes were probably the initial packaging units and rather than being wasteful, they were used for retail units with stickers applied. Regarding the IOPS, the numbers could have changed as motherboard manufacturers, AMD, and we release software updates that improve baseline performance.

Hello Kevin!

My problem is that after firmware update from EGFM11.1 to EGFM11.2 my speed of the MP600 1TB got much slower in 4KiB operations. I made tests before and after the firmware update. My old Samsung EVO 850 got better result (325.3 MB/s) in 4KiB Q32T1 writing speed after the Firmware upgrade which is not acceptable i think. See picture below.

(Unfortunately few windows update also installed when I restarted the PC because of firmware update)

I filled up with datas at least 70% of the space, because check the 1000MB/s cap speed problem, but mine seems fine.

Motherboard: ASRock Z170 Extreme4

CPU: Intel Core i7-6700K Quad-Core 4GHz LGA1151

Memory brand: G.Skill

Memory model: RipJaws V Black DIMM Kit, (F4-3200C14D-32GVK)

Memory capacity: 32GB

Memory speed: DDR4-3200, CL14-14-14-34

BIOS Version: 7.50

Windows Build and Version: Windows 10 Pro x64, 1903, Build: 18362.418

MP600 capacity: 1TB

MP600 serial number (a photo of the sticker would be great): 20191011-232031-v1.jpg

MP600 Firmware Version: EGFM11.2

Using drive as OS or storage? Storage (now, later when mobo and cpu change possibly as OS)

Which M.2 slot? Only one slot on mobo

Stock heatsink on MP600? Stock

Are there any possibility to install 11.1 firmware again on the drive? Or make a new firmware?

Thanks your help and the support in advance!

SSDSpeed-V1.jpg

Hello for all. I registered in this forum because I am in the process of upgrading my hardware, and by chance I had decided to use as SSD exactly the MP600 (1TB) being discussed in this forum. I admit I am concerned if my unit will work properly, it has not been tested yet because I am still waiting for the new processor to arrive, but I intend to test carefully as soon as my new machine is ready to start and I intend to report the results here for comparison with the results of the others involved.

Finally Corsair sent my replacement :) But strange thing that again I will get it from Taiwan, dont Corsair have storage in Europe? Now half the World shipping ;( And again from Taiwan as first one (that I purchased from Corsair online store) Im afraid I will get bad one again.

OK so drive arrived yesterday. Will tell a story :)

As I predicted drive came from Taiwan and same package as I received first one :)

3RqOElJ.jpg

bdHOdyR.jpg

rJGrF1n.jpg

Then I installed windows and wiped whit bios old ssd and rerun tests so the results are now this

qRWIoEE.jpg

i4YhyLn.jpg

Now I dont understand anything.....

I think i got purchased another drive LOL because speeds seems good....

Dont understand few things now:

Jordan get yellow package and his speeds (4kbit q8t8 almost half better then my but my 4kbit q32t1 score better almost half and drive size he got is 954GIB my standard 931GIB)

O3sJbnT.png

• 2 weeks later...
  • Corsair Employee

So, I recently received one unit for the FA RMA and have been running tests. I don't know who the user is on here though.

On my testbench, I'm getting performance that are consistent with what we advertise and the same numbers as the units I already had on hand.

This particular unit was accompanied by a screenshot showing the 1000MB/s seq write issue, but on my machine it's fine, which honestly kind of points to it being a combination of variables. I'm still running more tests with different fill % and such, and will share any quirks I've found with system configs.

My testbench:

ASRock Taichi X570

Ryzen 7 3800X

32GB Dominator Platinum RGB 3200MHz

So, I recently received one unit for the FA RMA and have been running tests. I don't know who the user is on here though.

On my testbench, I'm getting performance that are consistent with what we advertise and the same numbers as the units I already had on hand.

This particular unit was accompanied by a screenshot showing the 1000MB/s seq write issue, but on my machine it's fine, which honestly kind of points to it being a combination of variables. I'm still running more tests with different fill % and such, and will share any quirks I've found with system configs.

My testbench:

ASRock Taichi X570

Ryzen 7 3800X

32GB Dominator Platinum RGB 3200MHz

Everything is working great with my new MP600 and the old one is in transit to Corsair right now. I used DISM to clone the drives so I'm pretty sure the problem is not software related. One moment the speed in CrystalDiskMark was normal and 15 minutes later write speed was back down to 1000MB/s (without any reboot or work being done by the PC). Same thing with 25% fill or 80% fill...

mmfrnon.png

well here we go again ... it's even worse than the old one (whenever I open a folder it take time showing "working on it" never experienced that with the old drive!)

cSRouo7.png

I think the performance drop based on number of files maybe (because I filled the drive to test it when I got it and there was no drop with performance but once I installed the windows and downloaded BF V and COD MW)

last word, I think Kevin did his best, obviously there's no way to get refund so I'm stuck with this drive

I will order Samsung 970 evo plus 2tb (wish I did that in the first place but I got greedy and fell down for the advertised speed of Gen 4 nvme)

Everything is working great with my new MP600 and the old one is in transit to Corsair right now. I used DISM to clone the drives so I'm pretty sure the problem is not software related. One moment the speed in CrystalDiskMark was normal and 15 minutes later write speed was back down to 1000MB/s (without any reboot or work being done by the PC). Same thing with 25% fill or 80% fill...

I spoke too soon......

mp600.jpg.5eed42fee03c0e4754c61b6557d850e3.jpg

Maybe helps if you turn off pci-express energy management? (the default option is not off ("desligado" on my language)

Did not work.

What's weird is that the new drive worked great for a couple days and now write speed is back down to 1000Mbps...

No improvement with the new AGESA 1.0.0.4 update.

I recently reinstalled Windows. During the installation of my programs, I was continuously testing SSD and it was good. After installing "AI_SUITEIII" with "Dual_intelligent_processor_5" item, and running an automatic CPU tuning, the SSD write speed again dropped to 1 GB/s.

Now I reinstalled Windows and did not install AI_SUITEIII. SSD write speed is good so far.

I did a little run of CrystalDiskMark on my 2nd drive this morning.

First test: 4200MB/s !

Second test (1 min later): 1000MB/s

There is no rhyme or reason for this change in performance...

Edited by matriq

I recently reinstalled Windows. During the installation of my programs, I was continuously testing SSD and it was good. After installing "AI_SUITEIII" with "Dual_intelligent_processor_5" item, and running an automatic CPU tuning, the SSD write speed again dropped to 1 GB/s.

Now I reinstalled Windows and did not install AI_SUITEIII. SSD write speed is good so far.

Unfortunately, the slowdown was not caused by AISuiteIII. Writing speed is again completely chaotic

attachment.php?attachmentid=36898&stc=1&d=1573145431

1278367114_ATTO2.jpg.74512334e3d14e080105e9a701f4b91f.jpg

Edited by Istipisti

Motherboard: ASUS Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi) BIOS v1001

CPU: Ryzen 9 3900X

Memory brand: G.Skill

Memory model: Trident Z Neo

Memory capacity: 32GB

Memory speed: 3600Mhz CL14 Fabric 1:1

BIOS Version: v1001

Windows Build and Version: Windows 10 Pro 1903

MP600 capacity: 1TB

MP600 serial number (a photo of the sticker would be great): Don't really wanna share this openly

MP600 Firmware Version: EGFM11.2

Using drive as OS or storage? OS

Which M.2 slot? First slot

Stock heatsink on MP600? Stock

I am experiencing 1GB write speeds, more or less spot on with the other posters here.

Updated chipset drivers, tested before and after - no difference

Tested EGFM11.1 and EGFM11.2 - No difference

Power plans - No difference

The only thing I can think of doing now before RMA is updating my C8HW to BIOS v1105 which includes the rather significant AM4 combo PI 1.0.0.4 patch B.

The only thing I can think of doing now before RMA is updating my C8HW to BIOS v1105 which includes the rather significant AM4 combo PI 1.0.0.4 patch B.

Write speeds are still problematic with my replacement drive (with yellow packaging).

Did you try the latest BIOS yet? I'm tempted to wait just a little bit.

My guess is that this is a BIOS or chipset related issue after reading the posts here.

Yes I tried the latest AGESA 1.0.0.4 update for my Aorus Elite and no improvements.

In any case, here's my MP600 for reference. I really hope Corsair figures out why this is happening to so many people.

e6Y313D.jpg

Edit: I benched the MP600 in Atto, as user Seege suggested, and look what we have here! (Write speeds are on the LEFT mind you! Additionally, Windows task manager reports the real throughput to be about ~0.2GB/S higher than ATTO when speeds exceed 2GB/s or so.)

5cm59Mr.jpg

Looks like CrystalDiskMark doesn't play ball particularly well with our x570 boards..?

I then went back to CDM, and messed around with filesizes & passes. Turns out the results are very inconsistent in CDM. In one test, I get the advertised speeds(!)... And in the next SAME test I get 1GB write speeds.

Lads, should we check the integrity and compatibility of our benchmarking tools instead, or are these fluctuating results caused by the drive itself?

Edited by Chleocake

In any case, here's my MP600 for reference. I really hope Corsair figures out why this is happening to so many people.

e6Y313D.jpg

Edit: I benched the MP600 in Atto, as user Seege suggested, and look what we have here! (Write speeds are on the LEFT mind you! Additionally, Windows task manager reports the real throughput to be about ~0.2GB/S higher than ATTO when speeds exceed 2GB/s or so.)

5cm59Mr.jpg

Looks like CrystalDiskMark doesn't play ball particularly well with our x570 boards..?

I then went back to CDM, and messed around with filesizes & passes. Turns out the results are very inconsistent in CDM. In one test, I get the advertised speeds(!)... And in the next SAME test I get 1GB write speeds.

Lads, should we check the integrity and compatibility of our benchmarking tools instead, or are these fluctuating results caused by the drive itself?

it's caused by the drive itself... try to copy/export ...etc the writting speed will be around 800MB/s so CrystalDiskMark is giving real result