Corsair Community

Driver and/or Sound Card?

Vi Sixx

I just got the 1500 and I have to say, so far I am loving it. My only issue is that I would like to fully utilize the the bass (and frankly it could use a little more tweaking.) This is my first surround sound headset so Im wondering do I REALLY need a sound card to fully utilize this headset? Or will the driver suffice? Can I even adjust various settings through the driver?

Ill be honest, I would just download the damn thing; but it seems there are more problems with the driver than there are solutions. Then again, most people dont post threads to talk about how well its working, majority of the time threads are used to ask others for help with a problem. Which Im sure is why I see much more annoyances than praises.

Any advice/input/opinions (but preferably facts) would be a big help.

Download the Driver lol a Sound card will not be used because the Headset is USB.

For a headset to use a Sound card it need to be able to plug into the sound card lol

Don't take everyone's word on Driver issue, yes they is some like Right and Left switching audio, Dolby 7.1 is very bad for this.

But they is new drivers on there way and am hoping after all this time spent on them they will have fixed this issue.

Archived