Corsair Community

Vengeance 2000 causing BSOD

teraptus

Sometimes plugging in the dongle for the Vengeance 2000 headset causes the blue screen of death. My next boot into Windows takes a little longer than normal, but there seems to be no damage beyond that. It may not be relevant, but this has only happened when there is audio playing already while I plug the dongle in. Is this issue being caused by the Corsair software or is something wrong with my computer that happens to be triggered by plugging in the dongle?

This popped up when I rebooted my computer:

Problem signature:

Problem Event Name: BlueScreen

OS Version: 6.0.6002.2.2.0.768.3

Locale ID: 1033

Additional information about the problem:

BCCode: 1000007e

BCP1: C0000005

BCP2: 00000000

BCP3: 8B1C3B1C

BCP4: 8B1C3818

OS Version: 6_0_6002

Service Pack: 2_0

Product: 768_1

Files that help describe the problem:

C:\Windows\Minidump\Mini010413-01.dmp

C:\Users\Mark\AppData\Local\Temp\WER-29468-0.sysdata.xml

C:\Users\Mark\AppData\Local\Temp\WER18BD.tmp.version.txt

There were several errors in the event viewer that say "The file system structure on the disk is corrupt and unusable. Please run the chkdsk utility on the volume G:." I'll run chkdsk and give an update when it's done.

EDIT: "The disk check could not performed because Windows cannot access the disk." G: is labeled "Local Disk" but it seems to be corrupt. I do not know the significance of the local disk. As far as I am aware, I only use OS (C:).

See if you can delete the partition in Disk Management and leave it unallocated.

Do you have the latest drivers for your computer? e.g. chipset, GPU, onboard audio?

Latest BIOS?

If you don't use the on-board audio, uninstall the drivers and disable it in the BIOS. Reinstall the Corsair software and see if the computer still BSODs.

Archived