Corsair Community

[Solved] iCUE 3.25.60 Not Saving Profiles to Hardware

russk

I've already solved this, but figured I'd post the solution since I could not find one online.

I have a K95 Platinum XT and an Ironclaw Wireless RGB. Configuring the "HW" profiles in iCUE was easy enough, but every time I rebooted the PC I noticed the built in profiles reverted to the factory settings until iCUE launched again.

Of course, I then found the "Onboard Profiles" tab which only shows up when you have the device and HW profile selected. I would select the appropriate "save slot" and hit "overwrite" and confirm - but then nothing would happen. The "overwrite" button would just turn yellow, no progress indicator, no error, nothing. It was more obvious on the mouse, as the slot showed as "empty" and would never get filled. This issue persisted through several reboots, and replugging of the devices.

Ultimately I had found the issue was due to me having iCUE start with Windows. Once I was logged in and the application auto-started, I would need to exit out of it completely (no longer in task bar) and then start iCUE again. Once loaded again, iCUE complained that the profiles in the app didn't match the ones on the Keyboard and the save function started working as expected.

I still have iCUE start with Windows, as the non-hardware profiles all load correctly and I'm not aware of other defects. I just know if I need to save hardware profiles, I will most likely need to restart the application to get the save functionality to work.

I don't know if anyone else is having this issue, but I have seen a few posts about people having issues saving hardware profiles with no clear solution posted. I hope this is helpful.

Ultimately I had found the issue was due to me having iCUE start with Windows. Once I was logged in and the application auto-started, I would need to exit out of it completely (no longer in task bar) and then start iCUE again. Once loaded again, iCUE complained that the profiles in the app didn't match the ones on the Keyboard and the save function started working as expected.

This should not happen and when you get into a circumstance where you click on the save to HW slot and nothing happens, it means things have gone wrong on the program end. I would go to Windows Settings -> Apps and left click on Corsair iCUE. Select "Modify" and follow the prompts for a repair installation. Hopefully this resolves the start up problem as well.

• 1 year later...
I've already solved this, but figured I'd post the solution since I could not find one online.

I have a K95 Platinum XT and an Ironclaw Wireless RGB. Configuring the "HW" profiles in iCUE was easy enough, but every time I rebooted the PC I noticed the built in profiles reverted to the factory settings until iCUE launched again.

Of course, I then found the "Onboard Profiles" tab which only shows up when you have the device and HW profile selected. I would select the appropriate "save slot" and hit "overwrite" and confirm - but then nothing would happen. The "overwrite" button would just turn yellow, no progress indicator, no error, nothing. It was more obvious on the mouse, as the slot showed as "empty" and would never get filled. This issue persisted through several reboots, and replugging of the devices.

I still have iCUE start with Windows, as the non-hardware profiles all load correctly and I'm not aware of other defects. I just know if I need to save hardware profiles, I will most likely need to restart the application to get the save functionality to work.

I don't know if anyone else is having this issue, but I have seen a few posts about people having issues saving hardware profiles with no clear solution posted. I hope this is helpful.

I created a profile just to say thank you for this. It solved my issue. I'd click save and nothing happened. Even tried repairing software. You solution worked. This software is pretty buggy from what I've seen.