Corsair Community

Corsair Virtuoso RGB Wireless SE feedback

Is my Virtuoso supposed to remain on while my system is off and is wired. My computer is next to my bed and I exclusively use my Virutoso wired... but it gives off this white light when my system is off. I have to unplug it to get the light off. I've tried doing sleep mode settings but didn't do anything.

Wondering if there is a setting i'm supposed to have ticked on or if this is proper and I should be unplugging it every night.

to turn the headset off you need to unplug it from the computer or outlet and set it to wired mode.

Right I've come to the conclusion it's Corsairs audio drivers are causing all my issues with audio skipping, breaking up, crackling, missing sounds in games, if i use Microsoft's default USB audio driver ie uninstalling icue altogether the audio is fine, no breaking up when sounds change in games etc, shame on you Corsair, fancy releasing a headset in this state without a single driver update for the headset, does anyone know how can still use the Microsoft driver but still have icue installed for functionality like voice prompts and turning the rgb off etc? I need icue for my h150 i pro.

The only way to have the Microsoft driver is to uninstall the corsair virtuoso driver and just use the headset by keeping it in wired mode with the aux cord.

Thanks but I've actually just reinstalled icue rebooted then rolled back the driver for the headset and now using Microsoft's driver which is giving me somewhat functionality on the headset, i can now control lighting but not voice prompts, however i have noticed using Microsoft's driver i still have all the quality options for the microphone in the advanced sound settings tab and can now also adjust the playback quality in the advanced tab which cannot be done with Corsairs driver as it os greyed out also playback seems to be fine using Microsoft's usb audio device driver for this headset, Corsairs driver is messed up, they've released a new headset without even bothering to develop a driver for it knowing issues with their driver and windows 10, from what I've been seeing on here, i won't be purchasing a Corsair headset again.

Playing sound at lower volumes there is always a white noise in the background.

the white noise only stops when there's no sound playing, as soon any kind of sound plays the white noise comes back.

did anyone else notice that?

fixed:

in voice meter output, I was using MME, I switched to KS and the white noise is gone.

BUT using KS icue settings don't work, eq profiles don't load and notifications don't play on the headphones.

Edited by eloko

Right I've come to the conclusion it's Corsairs audio drivers are causing all my issues with audio skipping, breaking up, crackling, missing sounds in games, if i use Microsoft's default USB audio driver ie uninstalling icue altogether the audio is fine, no breaking up when sounds change in games etc, shame on you Corsair, fancy releasing a headset in this state without a single driver update for the headset, does anyone know how can still use the Microsoft driver but still have icue installed for functionality like voice prompts and turning the rgb off etc? I need icue for my h150 i pro.

Same issue here: audio crackling on games and movies using icue 3.21.88 and last firmware on virtuoso, same on wired and wireless. Need a new driver asap.

No it does not do this if you have icue installed, it just reverts back to the corsair driver and if you uninstall icue tou lose functionality.

Also i see theres still no response from corsair for over a week, Don't have long left now before i have to return this partially working headset.

nope i can use it with atmos or dts x :P

nope i can use it with atmos or dts x :P

I've figured out how to use the Microsoft driver but there's still functionality lost in i cue, it shouldn't have been released without a proper driver that supported the virtuoso correctly, all they have done is rely on the older driver hoping there wouldn't be any issues.

• Corsair Employee

Guys, first off thank you for the feedback you are providing. Not sure if all of you have seen that there was an update to both iCUE (3.21.88) and firmware for Virtuoso. If you haven't already performed the updates, please do so as it will improve some of the topics you guys brought up. We are working on more updates to address additional items that were brought up, but we want to ensure proper testing is performed in our validations process.

For those of you experiencing crackling during games, can you respond back with the following information:

1.) What system are you using (motherboards and USB port)

2.) What game are you using? Did you enable SW sound settings like Atmos in Overwatch, for example?

3.) SW version

4.) FW version

5.) System volume level

6.) EQ settings in iCUE

7.) Particular content that was played

Some of you already have system specs listed, but I would like you to provide it in your post just in case you have changed anything. I'll relay the information to our validations and software teams as you guys provide it.

Edited by Corsair Nick

Guys, first off thank you for the feedback you are providing. Not sure if all of you have seen that there was an update to both iCUE (3.21.88) and firmware for Virtuoso. If you haven't already performed the updates, please do so as it will improve some of the topics you guys brought up. We are working on more updates to address additional items that were brought up, but we want to ensure proper testing is performed in our validations process.

For those of you experiencing crackling during games, can you respond back with the following information:

2.) What game are you using? Did you enable SW sound settings like Atmos in Overwatch, for example?

3.) SW version

4.) FW version

Some of you already have system specs listed, but I would like you to provide it in your post just in case you have changed anything. I'll relay the information to our validations and software teams as you guys provide it.

1.) What system are you using (motherboards and USB port) Asus Gene XI USB 3.0 Win 10 pro 64bit for movies i use MPV Player 64bit and MPC-HC 64bit

2.) What game are you using? Did you enable SW sound settings like Atmos in Overwatch, for example? Apex-Code Vein-Resident evil 2 no sw audio settings enabled

3.) SW version Icue 3.21.88

4.) FW version 0.17.149 0.15.76

Audio do crackling noise during movies and sometimes in games at low freq, i tried my "old" razer kraken pro usb and i don't have any noise. Tryed to swap usb port but nothing changed.

• Corsair Employee
Corsair,

Some feedback on the Corsair Virtuoso RGB Wireless SE.

Feedback/Issues open

No code has to be inserted here.

Feedback/Issues closed

Firmware updates: (DD/MM/YYYY)

Wanted to provide some updates on the full list of updates provided thus far from our developers:

[jpdsc] - There should be a percentage indicator for the battery instead of text

JC: Not all wireless devices are capable of showing % so the battery stages are now universal in iCUE to create a cohesive UX together.

[jpdsc] - The battery icon in the taskbar is white; if you are using the latest Windows 10 build in light mode; the icon is very difficult to see

JC: I will fix this - thanks for the notification.

[jpdsc] - There should be more settings for the mic. Don't get me wrong; the mic is good, however, sometimes it sounds like I am talking inside a can (probably tuna)

JC: I can pass this feedback back to the audio FW and HW team to consider.

[jpdsc] - I cannot find anywhere what kind of charger I can use to charge the headset. I had the same issue with the Logitech wireless mouse; even their customer support were unable to inform me. Perhaps an idea to let us know if a non-fast charger 2.1a is suitable to charge the headset

JC: You can use any charger you want but it doesn't mean it will charge faster. Of course, we only officially recommend using USB ports on your system to charge.

[jpdsc] - When charging the headset with a USB cable to a wall plug and the USB dongle or PC is off; the microphone red light keeps blinking and the headset does not go in standby. It will only go in standby when the charging USB cable is unplugged

JC: LED status on the mic should be static green or red because it would be based on mute state, but it shouldn't be blinking red. We will investigate this. The only LED That should show activity is the charge indicator.

[KBhamm] - Sometimes Left and right Earcups are switched in sound. Headset off and on helps on this.

JC: This is something we are not aware of - we will report this internally but we'll need more data on how this occurs.

[KBhamm] - If the headset is off and i join teamspeak and turn it on Teamspeak wont recognise the mic. Close TS and rejoin the server fixes this.

JC: We will try to reproduce.

[KBhamm] - Dolby atmos doesnt work with the corsair Drivers. (its a shame let us use what we want :) ) we bought the license you have to pay nothing to dolby then.

JC: This is a known issue - two different solutions cannot work together but we'll see what we can do to workaround this issue.

[KBhamm] - Sometimes the microphone is off and clearly RED indicated but the sidetone works still

JC: We will try to reproduce

[KBhamm][TWP] - Corsair 7.1 sounds like taking a shower and the sound has an underwater effect

JC: This will depend on the application - make sure you configure the sound options to utilize the additional channels or you may not get an optimized experience.

[beatByte] - Sounds loweres when either out of focus or in fullscreen games. More info: https://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?p=1020434

[jpdsc] - If the headset is in standby and coming out of standby; the sound is really low. A reboot is needed to fix.

[jpdsc] - We should be able to see the current battery level when charging.

JC: Charging is a status just like Full/High/Medium/Low/Critical. Only one status can be shown at a time.

[badomen24] - I find that after a little while of usage in a game the sound goes all crackle-y - I further noticed tonight that when it did that, the light on the USB dongle was no longer lit up. I am going to try it in another usb port and see if maybe that is what is causing it. [Multiple reports]

JC: We will try to reproduce but need more data. For example, what game are you using, and during what scenes? What motherboard and USB port are you using? We have tried to reproduce this issue internally but don't have enough data from users to fully understand what and how they're experiencing this issue.

[jpdsc] - When the headset is off with a different output chosen and you turn on the headset again; the microphone volume is lowered to 70% instead of staying on 100%. Also, it occurs that the volume from the previous output is chosen.

JC: I will investigate but I believe this is working as intended based on issues related to this behavior.

[jpdsc] - If the headset is taking out of standby with the microphone muted and you join Teamspeak (only tested Teamspeak) and you enable the mic > Teamspeak needs to be restarted for the microphone to work.

JC: This issue was reported above but we will investigate to see if its related to us, or just TS.

3.) SW version

4.) FW version

5.) System volume level

6.) EQ settings in iCUE

Thanks for the reply,

I'm on an Asus maximus xi hero with a 9700k I've tried multiple ports same thing. I'm using the audio through hdmi on my gpu.

I already have the latest i cue and and firmwares for the dongle and the headset that made no difference, doesn't matter what volume level it does no matter what the volume level.

Grim dawn it does it.

Star citizen it did it yesterday for the first time completely cutting certain sounds out, in star citizen you can hear popping of audio when your in your ship F4 changes your view from inside the ship to out, this causes the headset to pop momentarily because it's changing sound sources, easily repeatable by keeping pressing F4.

I should note it seems ok with the Microsoft driver, no missing audio or breaking up it's not even popping in star citizen like it does with the Corsair driver.

Also to note i do not use surround sound at all these issues are with surround disabled.

Equalizer at default also.

Wanted to provide some updates on the full list of updates provided thus far from our developers:

[jpdsc] - There should be a percentage indicator for the battery instead of text

JC: Not all wireless devices are capable of showing % so the battery stages are now universal in iCUE to create a cohesive UX together.

[jpdsc] - The battery icon in the taskbar is white; if you are using the latest Windows 10 build in light mode; the icon is very difficult to see

JC: I will fix this - thanks for the notification.

[jpdsc] - There should be more settings for the mic. Don't get me wrong; the mic is good, however, sometimes it sounds like I am talking inside a can (probably tuna)

JC: I can pass this feedback back to the audio FW and HW team to consider.

[jpdsc] - I cannot find anywhere what kind of charger I can use to charge the headset. I had the same issue with the Logitech wireless mouse; even their customer support were unable to inform me. Perhaps an idea to let us know if a non-fast charger 2.1a is suitable to charge the headset

JC: You can use any charger you want but it doesn't mean it will charge faster. Of course, we only officially recommend using USB ports on your system to charge.

[jpdsc] - When charging the headset with a USB cable to a wall plug and the USB dongle or PC is off; the microphone red light keeps blinking and the headset does not go in standby. It will only go in standby when the charging USB cable is unplugged

JC: LED status on the mic should be static green or red because it would be based on mute state, but it shouldn't be blinking red. We will investigate this. The only LED That should show activity is the charge indicator.

[KBhamm] - Sometimes Left and right Earcups are switched in sound. Headset off and on helps on this.

JC: This is something we are not aware of - we will report this internally but we'll need more data on how this occurs.

[KBhamm] - If the headset is off and i join teamspeak and turn it on Teamspeak wont recognise the mic. Close TS and rejoin the server fixes this.

JC: We will try to reproduce.

[KBhamm] - Dolby atmos doesnt work with the corsair Drivers. (its a shame let us use what we want :) ) we bought the license you have to pay nothing to dolby then.

JC: This is a known issue - two different solutions cannot work together but we'll see what we can do to workaround this issue.

[KBhamm] - Sometimes the microphone is off and clearly RED indicated but the sidetone works still

[KBhamm][TWP] - Corsair 7.1 sounds like taking a shower and the sound has an underwater effect

JC: This will depend on the application - make sure you configure the sound options to utilize the additional channels or you may not get an optimized experience.

[beatByte] - Sounds loweres when either out of focus or in fullscreen games. More info: https://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?p=1020434

[jpdsc] - If the headset is in standby and coming out of standby; the sound is really low. A reboot is needed to fix.

[jpdsc] - We should be able to see the current battery level when charging.

JC: Charging is a status just like Full/High/Medium/Low/Critical. Only one status can be shown at a time.

[badomen24] - I find that after a little while of usage in a game the sound goes all crackle-y - I further noticed tonight that when it did that, the light on the USB dongle was no longer lit up. I am going to try it in another usb port and see if maybe that is what is causing it. [Multiple reports]

JC: We will try to reproduce but need more data. For example, what game are you using, and during what scenes? What motherboard and USB port are you using? We have tried to reproduce this issue internally but don't have enough data from users to fully understand what and how they're experiencing this issue.

[jpdsc] - When the headset is off with a different output chosen and you turn on the headset again; the microphone volume is lowered to 70% instead of staying on 100%. Also, it occurs that the volume from the previous output is chosen.

JC: I will investigate but I believe this is working as intended based on issues related to this behavior.

[jpdsc] - If the headset is taking out of standby with the microphone muted and you join Teamspeak (only tested Teamspeak) and you enable the mic > Teamspeak needs to be restarted for the microphone to work.

JC: This issue was reported above but we will investigate to see if its related to us, or just TS.

and for now everytime i turn on my virtuose it crashes the AIO it gets stuck in LED effect and i cannot change the rpm. i need a solution. the support takes its time... but this is a serious problem for me as i reached 50° celsius water temperature after 5 hours gaming! i tried everything inclusive buying a new motherboard wtf

Which cooler are you running in your build? I don't see it listed in the system specs for your profile.

h100i rgb platinum. the fans spin on the last rpm set. then it gets stuck only a power off will help. Icue cant controll anything the Temperature reading is on the last temperature stuck. After a power of everything is normal until the Virtuoso crashes it again.

h100i rgb platinum. the fans spin on the last rpm set. then it gets stuck only a power off will help. Icue cant controll anything the Temperature reading is on the last temperature stuck. After a power of everything is normal until the Virtuoso crashes it again.

I have the same cooler H100i RGB Platinum but i don't have this issue. The firmware on H100i is 1.01.15. Try to reinstall the firmware maybe works.

I have the same cooler H100i RGB Platinum but i don't have this issue. The firmware on H100i is 1.01.15. Try to reinstall the firmware maybe works.

i tried everything, windows reinstall, icue endless times, got the old firmware from the support, new mobo, the virtuoso is messing arround with my system. everytime i turn it on the whole icue stuff restarts its rgb profile the color cycle begins on the first color and the aio gets stuck. :/ if icue is closed completely the problem is gone everything works normal then, but with horrible loud fan profiles

Which cooler are you running in your build? I don't see it listed in the system specs for your profile.

And further investigations show that it is only with moving rgb profiles such as rainbow or alex kastrevs profiles. it doesnt happen with an "instant color" Instant lighting or how it is called in english

• Corsair Employee
And further investigations show that it is only with moving rgb profiles such as rainbow or alex kastrevs profiles. it doesnt happen with an "instant color" Instant lighting or how it is called in english

Any issues with the default iCUE profiles under "Lighting Link"?

Any issues with the default iCUE profiles under "Lighting Link"?

Yes with the standart profile activated on a fresh installed icue. Just put rain only at lighting link and deleted the normal spiral rainbow from the Hardware. so that just Rain is on every Device. Turned the headset on, nothing happend. Turned it off, waited a few seconds and turned it on again... tada AIO has now a stuck rainbow efekt and doesnt react anymore it just turnes at the last RPM set. need to turn of my system now :P

Same thing in wired and wireless mode?

Just double checking, which peripherals are you using? And have you performed firmware updates on all hardware including the cooler?

EDIT: I wanted to send you a pm with the error logs but i cannot attach anything via PM. i dont want to publish my Hardware serial numbers on this site for everyone

At first ill gonna send you 2 Exports of icue via pm, 1 without the error and then i forced the error to happen. Maybe you can help. i wait days for the mail report to response now.

everything is up to date. It was even with the old firmware i got from support. Hardware is:

k95

Ironclaw rgb wireless

Mm800 Cloth mousepad

h100i rgb Platinum

6ll fans on a Node Pro channel 1

Leds configured as 3 Strips on channel 2

Commander Pro with 3ML Fans on Channel 1

4 Corsair Strips on channel 2

2 Bars of Vengeance RGB 3200mhz

rm650I as PSU

Everything is up to date, i already forced a Firmware Update on everything, Fresh install of windows (not a factory reset), changed motherboard from a Asrock Steel Legend b450m to a x470 Aorus gaming 7.

NO Monitoring Software

No Other RGB software or anything

Only 4 Launchers installed and nothing else.

Switching USB Port didnt help (Tried Front ports and every Back port.)

I played the whole day without issues staying on a Instant Lighting Color. Switching to a moving profile now turn the virtuoso on no problem. Getting into game and play a few minutes the AIO will hang up. Or if put the virtuoso off and on again will get the aio to hang up. Its the Same thing with wired and wireless.

With icue closed and every Peripheral Uses its own hardware saved RGB effect no problem. With the virtuoso of a friend same problem on my configuration.

Edited by KBhamm

3.) SW version

4.) FW version

5.) System volume level

6.) EQ settings in iCUE

1. I have a Gigabyte GA-Z270-Gaming K3 motherboard, I've tried front usb port on my case, rear usb port, usb port on and ST100RGB

2. It happens most often with Ghost Recon Breakpoint and happened in the Division 2 as well - in Ghost Recon seems to happen a lot when it starts raining in games

3. iCue - 3.21.88

4. dongle 0.15.76 headphone 0.17.149

5. 25-35%

6. I think the eq preset is pure direct but I am not sure

7. sometimes it starts raining in game and it starts the scratchy noises, but at other times it seems somewhat random

Hope this info was useful