Corsair Community

double shot keycaps for k95

mrshrir

so i was using a GAMDIUS HERMES P2 with brown switches for 18 months , a very solid built keyboard and had the opportunity to get a 6 month old k95 platinium for a 3rd of its retail price, the overall feel , feels cheap, like i dont know how to explain it, maybe i was just used to a keyboard that was built really stiff, one thing i dont like about the k95 is the spacebar button, it has no metal rod in it, and i also have this common problem that others have where if i press the right side of the spacebar the left side raises up, i was wondering how much of a difference the double shot keycaps will make , and if the overall feel of the key press will improve ....

Keyboard feel is pretty subjective. If you have a store near you with the K70 RGB Special Edition (white), it has double shot key caps so you can get a feel. It certainly is noticeable coming from the standard ABS plastic and they feel thicker and ultimately more direct. However, I am not sure that will change the space bar experience. Another thing to consider is the effect double shot caps have on your lighting. I have an older K70 LUX RGB with Corsair double shot black key caps. This drasmtically alters the brightness of the keys and they will have a dulled down color profile. White LEDs are the most affected and it comes off a bit dirty. In contrast, the white double shot caps on the K70 SE reflect much more light, as does the silver base panel.