Corsair Community

iCUE problem with temps

MarioCro55

Hello guys, i have few issues ;

I have Corsair h100i platinum rgb AiO cooler.

- first issue is that in iCUE i get wrong temps read sometimes

- while i am gaming my cpu temps are around 40 C, and my fans kicks to full spead because in iCUE its showing over 60 C, but its shows that temp of waterpump is 60 and not cpu. Is this something wrong with pump ?

It's getting annoying , browsing the web, and fans kicks to full spead because iCUE reads temp of over 60 C.

Is there any way to set fan speed that monitors cpu temp and not temp of water pump.

Sorry guys for my bad english, and also i just purchased this cooler a month ago so i am pretty new at this.

• Like 1

If your H100i Platinum temp reads 60C, you have a problem. It is impossible for the coolant to be 60C and the CPU 40C. Coolant temp is the minimum possible CPU temp. As such, it is most likely you have some kind of monitoring program conflict. Are you running any other programs like HWiNFO, AIDA64, etc.? (MSI Afterburner and EVGA precision don't count and we all use those).

If your coolant temp is really 60C, the exhaust air coming off the radiator will also be 60C in a functioning cooler. That would be more than a hair dryer. If the cooler is not functioning properly and there is a blockage, the exhaust air will be cool, but the block and one of the hoses is going to be very warm. If its all cool and normal room temp to the touch, you don't have a physical issue.

I still suspect you have a monitoring conflict by running AIDA and iCUE at the same time. Usually you get back garbage numbers from somewhere. I often get negative temps on my VRM, which would be nice, but not actually true. Quit AIDA, restart iCUE both app and services (or restart the PC). See what it says with only iCUE running.

If your coolant temp is really 60C, the exhaust air coming off the radiator will also be 60C in a functioning cooler. That would be more than a hair dryer. If the cooler is not functioning properly and there is a blockage, the exhaust air will be cool, but the block and one of the hoses is going to be very warm. If its all cool and normal room temp to the touch, you don't have a physical issue.

I still suspect you have a monitoring conflict by running AIDA and iCUE at the same time. Usually you get back garbage numbers from somewhere. I often get negative temps on my VRM, which would be nice, but not actually true. Quit AIDA, restart iCUE both app and services (or restart the PC). See what it says with only iCUE running.

The air coming through the radiator would not heat up to the full temp of the liquid in the short time it passes by, so the air would not be at 60, just because liquid is at 60.

I agree there is something wrong, the cpu can't possibly be below liquid temp, though. Corsair have said in the past to close other monitoring programs, this is likely because Corsair use an outdated version of the CPUID monitoring libraries.

The air coming through the radiator would not heat up to the full temp of the liquid in the short time it passes by, so the air would not be at 60, just because liquid is at 60.

There is a relationship between the coolant temperature and the air exhaust temperature. No, it is not automatically 1:1, but it won't be far off. Regardless, it was never the point to establish the exact exhaust temperature of the radiator and the OP is not going to be using any thermal measurement to assess it. The intent was to persuade someone their coolant temp isn't really 60C in the most basic manner possible.

Why cant I use custom curve for my fans with latest icue software, on older version i could set up my custom curve

Possible because you are still running AIDA. it's not just garbage data that can result. Other users often report the fans disappear from the UI entirely. It's difficult to troubleshoot this if you keep running it.

Uncheck "all devices". You don't have to uninstall AIDA. Just don't run it at the same time.

It appears the coolant temp is still showing false values. You may be looking at a flaky temp sensor in the cooler and that is going to be be problematic for fan control and system response, even if the temp isn't real. The cooler will act like it is. I would contact Corsair Support with an eye toward replacement.

Ok. In the meantime, keep doing as you are above — using fixed speeds. Any kind of preset curve is going to be pegged at maximum and the coolant temp too unpredictable for programmed results. Set it to something quiet when doing normal desktop stuff. Then pick a tolerable speed to use for extended load, like gaming, renders, whatever. You can’t overheat the cooler with moderate fan speed. Only a lack of coolant flow will do that.

The other option would be to move the fans to the MB for control, but I think this is better and Tech Support may ask for some troubleshooting anyway.

• 3 weeks later...

So after trying everithing the problem is still there, but what i found next , it simply, doesnt have any logic to me.

When i turned off rgb off on fans on radiator , temps are normal.

After i turn them back on , temp rises?????

IS there any way to fix this

Ugh.. Just the fans? Or the specifically the pump LED ring? Well, unfortunately this is an older issue that hadn't come up in quite a while, but since you last posted several other users have noted the behavior as well. Specifically for the Platinum series coolers some users get this false coolant temp spike with LED activity. It is usually worse with constant full white and less with softer colors (0,0,125 dark blue, etc.). Presumably the problem is the temp sensor is too close to the LED controller or ring and it has a local effect on it. This has to be the most dramatic temp shift I've seen yet.

Make sure you update the support ticket with this. It is a known issue. Some users get a mild bump, others none at all. You got a wallop. I don't know if that will be a firmware flash fix or if it will need to be hardware replacement.

In the meantime, as much as I argue against it every other day of the week, you might consider moving the fan over to the MB for control. The dynamic curve in ICUE will be useless in this state. The other option is to use fixed speeds from iCUE. Set it low and quiet for desktop work. Set a moderate but comfortable speed for load. Your CPU won't overheat because the fans are at 1000 rpm instead of 1500. Then ignore coolant temp entirely and keep an eye on CPU temps.

• Confused 1

Ugh.. Just the fans? Or the specifically the pump LED ring? Well, unfortunately this is an older issue that hadn't come up in quite a while, but since you last posted several other users have noted the behavior as well. Specifically for the Platinum series coolers some users get this false coolant temp spike with LED activity. It is usually worse with constant full white and less with softer colors (0,0,125 dark blue, etc.). Presumably the problem is the temp sensor is too close to the LED controller or ring and it has a local effect on it. This has to be the most dramatic temp shift I've seen yet.

Make sure you update the support ticket with this. It is a known issue. Some users get a mild bump, others none at all. You got a wallop. I don't know if that will be a firmware flash fix or if it will need to be hardware replacement.

In the meantime, as much as I argue against it every other day of the week, you might consider moving the fan over to the MB for control. The dynamic curve in ICUE will be useless in this state. The other option is to use fixed speeds from iCUE. Set it low and quiet for desktop work. Set a moderate but comfortable speed for load. Your CPU won't overheat because the fans are at 1000 rpm instead of 1500. Then ignore coolant temp entirely and keep an eye on CPU temps.

Only the rgb fans, when they are on temp rises, and vice versa hehe, with latest icue version , even fixed speed didnt work, it was complete stop or full speed, so I install earlier version of icue

Fixed speed won't affect the false coolant temp reading. It will keep your actual CPU cool.

Are you saying the behavior stopped when you rolled back to the prior iCUE version? If this is the LED Temp problem, it is not software related. If your fan colors/patterns are affecting it, then it seems like the internal lighting controller is affecting temp sensor rather than the pump ring.