Corsair Community

Store black lighting effect to M55 device to work without iCUE running?

mephistho

Hi,

I've connected my new M55 to iCUE 3.18.77 and I'd like to save a black lighting effect profile to the device as the default so it keeps that colour scheme even when iCUE is not running.

I can't seem to find the buttons to load/store the profile to the device.

Any help? Do I need an older version of the software to do that? If so, is there an official corsair link I could use?

Thanks a lot!

meph

Most of the newer mice and keyboards use a hardware profile or “HWM55” to save settings to the device. It should have been automatically generated in iCUE when you first plugged it in. HW profiles have a small SD like icon to differentiate them from software profiles. Look at the bottom of your profile list.

Set the HW profile up as you want it to appear. Then use the save to device option in the left menu.

Thanks for your response. Unfortunately, I don't have such a profile in my list. I installed the iCUE software after I first plugged in the mouse. But I assume that shouldn't be a problem, right?

I've tried a reboot and re-plugging it also, without any improvement.

Is there a reset of the software and device I could/should try?

I've attached my view of the software with the profiles. Anything else I should provide for troubleshooting?

iCUEProfileView.thumb.PNG.1691fd0928ee99e9d589b84df048eee3.PNG

Thanks again.

Nope, I don't have that. I only have "Create Folder", "Copy Profile", "Import/Export" (which is only from/into local files), "Delete Profile" (which is disabled for Default profile)

And nothing lese in the Profiles bar allows me to right click for a different context menu.

Tried soft reset and re-install of iCUE also.

ProfilesMenu.thumb.PNG.525f51b813cc642ad35f882a1c07bda5.PNG

If you have already done hard/soft resets and re-installed iCUE, I am not sure what else there is to do. There may be a software problem, but I have not seen anyone else mention this. Certainly others have missed their HW Profiles or deleted them unknowingly, but the resets bring them back. If you have a return option with the vendor, I might take it and try a replacement M55. There is no conclusive proof there is a hardware problem, but I don't see a lot of other reasonable explanations.

So here's finally a definitive answer from Corsair:

Hello Andreas,

My apologies for the mistake. The M55 has no onboard memory and therefore cannot save lighting profiles directly. It is completely reliant on iCUE to tell it what to do and what to light up.

Regards,

<support-dude>

Which is really strange because it DOES store the changes to the DPI settings ON the device.

Anyhow, I found my own solution to the RGB problem (I'm just too old for colourful stuff) - see photo attached :D I'm sure you'll find that entertaining.

IMG_20190820_211656.thumb.jpg.c3aa28d3884c6d17171966cd465bd45c.jpg

Lol. Well, there are some old Glaive owners who are wondering why they didn’t think of that.

The product page clearly lists the M55 as having 1 onboard memory profile. I don’t have the mouse and don’t know the truth, but this needs to be corrected one way or the other.