Corsair Community

Lighting comparison K95 Platinum, K70 MK.2 SE and Strafe MK.2

dbdarrough

I currently have the previous generation Strafe RGB and love the brightness and color of the RGB lighting because of the white background but I am considering upgrading for other features but don't want to lose a significant amount of that brightness and color in the process. This thread is just concerning the lighting brightness only, ignoring all other feature differences.

The question is: How much dimmer is the key lighting on the K95 Platinum compared to the Strafe MK.2 and is the K70 MK.2 SE somewhere in between?

I use my keyboard during the day in a well lit room as well as at night with low lighting so I'm mainly concerned whether the brightness will be disappointing compared to my Strafe or if it is bright enough to still look good even during the day. I figure anything dimmer than my Strafe at 2/3 brightness wouldn't be bright enough for my tastes. Any thoughts or input would be appreciated :biggrin:

• 3 weeks later...
Well if anyone is interested, I ended up picking up the Strafe RGB MK.2. I wanted the media controls and love the brightness of the Strafe series. The MK.2 is the same brightness as the original Strafe which is important to me. I still would be interested in knowing how the K95 Platinum RGB compares in brightness or even the K70 MK.2 SE if anyone has any thoughts. Thanks

If you mean key brightness, it is going to be essentially the same. I have 2 K95P, 1 K70 LUX, and 1 K70 MK.2 SE. Obviously the K95P has the light bar that throws more light around, depending on your settings and how much reflection you get off your desk. The wild card in all this is the K70 mk.2 SE. That is a while PBT key board. White alone is quite bright and changes how the lighting reflects. PBT keycaps reduce brightness, but I still need to turn that one down on the slider. I use 100% on the K95P. 33 or 66% on the MK.2 Special Edition. If you are looking for maximum brightness, that is the one, although white is not for everyone.

Archived