Corsair Community

Can you toggle layer on/off with keyboard?

loclay

Heya. Just got a K95 and Scimitar Pro. There's one thing I want to do but can't figure out yet.

When I press a key, I want two of the light edge lights to come on. Basically it's a "recording" light to let me know I'm screen capturing.

I've looked around all of the settings. I've looked at actions. I see there are ways to trigger a lighting effect after a timer starts or finishes, but that effect seems to only trigger once, and using a static color won't work at all.

I thought about making a copy of my current profile with the exception that the two lights i want are on, then mapped a change profile action to a button. That *seems* cumbersome, since I would then need to maintain custom lighting for keymappings on two profiles.

Any thoughts? Tricks I'm not thinking about?

I have an autorun macro where the button lights up when it's active.

First I have the lighting effect as the top one in the effects list. It start "on key pressed" and stop "on key press".

I then have my macro in the actions tab and under "start settings" I set the lighting to the lighting effect I just made.

Hey, Thanks. I guess the effect Start/Stop on keypress is what I wanted. Thanks. I didn't quite get how it relates to your macro though.

One thing I'm unable to figure out is why certain things show up as lighting effects to be triggered in Macros and some don't. My static color ones don't. Only Ripple and maybe Wave seems to.

Archived