Corsair Community

help on 1000D

Pratul

Hi,

I am changing the case of my existing build and adding RGB fans as well Lighting to the setup. The components are all Corsair HD120 fans alingwith the Lighting Node expansion kit. Additionally I already have the K95 RGB keyboard & MM400 RGB mouse pad.

My queries:

1. I have created a connection layout for the RGB fans & RGB lighting. Requesting for feedback on whether it is ok and suggestions for improvement are most welcome.

2. The water cooling is EKWB EK-240 kit but with 2 rads. What would be the best position to place the pump & reservoir in the cabinet.

Thanks,

Pratul

CORSAIR D100 FAN & LIGHTING CONFIGURATION.pdf

Hi,

I was doing some maths on the current draw and suspect that 1 Commander pro would not suffice, hence created an Option-2 for the possible arrangement using 2 Commander pros daisy chained.

My queries:

1. I have created a connection layout for the RGB fans & RGB lighting. Requesting for feedback on whether it is ok and suggestions for improvement are most welcome.

2. The water cooling is EKWB EK-240 kit but with 2 rads. What would be the best position to place the pump & reservoir in the cabinet.

3. How doe we daisy chain the 2 Commander pros so that I can use the iCUE Software for the speed control as well as lighting effect control for not only the fans, LED Strip but also the Corsair K95 keybaord & MM800 mouse pad

CORSAIR D100 FAN & LIGHTING CONFIGURATION V2.pdf

Many thanks, it should help

I also realized that there is a difference between the HD120 fans and the LL120 fans, hence the connection diagram would actually simplify

Yeah.. Don't mix different fans on the same RGB Fan LED Hub dude.. but connection wise they are identical. They just differ in the amount of LEDs used in eaxh fan

I have tomorrow off of work. If you let me know which types of fans you plan to use.. and the amount and location of them I will make you up a diagram ;)

Yeah.. Don't mix different fans on the same RGB Fan LED Hub dude.. but connection wise they are identical. They just differ in the amount of LEDs used in eaxh fan

I have tomorrow off of work. If you let me know which types of fans you plan to use.. and the amount and location of them I will make you up a diagram ;)

Many thanks for extending help. All the fans are Corsair HD120 fans, total of 16 fans Plus the Lighting strip (4 in number) daisy chained to each other

Regards,

Pratul

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

With the delay in the availibility of the D1000, I just realised that the front fans for the 2 EKWB Rads (XE240mm) have not been considered in push-pull. Hence updated the diagram and requesting for a final review.

The attached file is in .pptx format & zipped to allow upload

Apologies also for the additional help being sought.

Regards,

pratul

CORSAIR D100 FAN & LIGHTING CONFIGURATION V3.zip

Archived