Corsair Community

displaying wrong colors at times

I started having an issue where certain keys would change color on the keyboard to something they aren't set to, and it wouldn't show up on the utility engine. Sometimes the lights change to what they should be, sometimes they flicker to a different color. The color depends on the color they are set as.

http://i.imgur.com/p3aYtOZ.png

The error keys are B, H, Y, 6, F6 and Page Up

http://i.imgur.com/jXPmQOw.png

Does this mean it's broken or is it a software/firmware problem? Both of them are up to date and I've already tried uninstalling the USB drivers from my computer and installing them again.

try clearing those keys and setting them to red again. If they still change colors i would contact Corsair Support and ask them to help you with a hard firmware flash.

whats odd is their all in a line and not randomly spread out.

The thing is, the same keys go across all profiles I have. I will contact support now.

The thing is, the same keys go across all profiles I have. I will contact support now.

That's a good idea.

I had the same problem with my K95 RGB. I sent it back and got a replacement. And now that replacement has the same issue. Different keys, though. I'm now waiting for the second replacement.

To make sure it is a hardware problem, create a new profile. Make all keys white. Do not use any other colors or effects. Save it to the device memory and make it the default profile.

You can then clearly see which keys have the problem. In time you will get more. If you tap the keys or shake the keyboard gently, some keys may or may not change their color.

It has been discussed before and we think it is a problem with bad soldering of the LEDs.

BTW: It doesn't matter if you have 16.8 million colors enabled or not. If it is a hardware problem then it will show up in both modes.

Edited by MadIce

• 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

for me its strike 3 for corsair, 3 keyboards all with thisproblem, 2 k70 rgb and 1 strafe rgb

too bad couse i really like the products but its just stupid who they can get the lights right without any problems

for me its strike 3 for corsair, 3 keyboards all with thisproblem, 2 k70 rgb and 1 strafe rgb

too bad couse i really like the products but its just stupid who they can get the lights right without any problems

its caused by a corrupted firmware, its not a hardware defect.

its caused by a corrupted firmware, its not a hardware defect.

i have tried the hard reset in all of them without luck, any more suggestions? i still have 1 that presented this problem like 3 days ago and haven't returned it yet, all of them have the same problem like 2 months after purchase

1st edit: can i ask if you have a specific step by step i have followed all the steps and looks like the firmware was well updated, or maybe a different firmaware file to the one support sent me.

2nd edit: i just rescued my k70 a few minutes ago, the problem, at least for my unit, is dirt inside the keyboard, i assume it gets inside by the gaps in the spacebar and other exposed holes and cause an electrical problem, y removed the spacebar and blowed inside the gap between the plate and the circuit board and the problem went away, now all colors look like as they should

Edited by tonioV
adding

• 5 months later...

Keys : f6, Page Up, /, 6,Y,H,B and the 1 key on the number pad all display goofy colors to the rest as follows.: RED emits LIME (chosen from upper row of samples) LIME >LIME, BLUE >BLUE, YELLOW>YELLOW, PURPLE>BLUER , ORANGE>YELLOW , PINK>LILAC

I turned the KB on its face to get the serial numbers and when I sat it back up it was OK. I checked thru the software, changed the color profiles around and did a reboot, back to normal. since then it has gone duff again due to poor manufacturing and no QC it looks like. My 10 yo MS keyboard is still going and I have gone back to that. Nearly 300 dollars :eek: and was looking at buying their new low profile version lmao. they won't get another chance if this doesn't get fixed. :mad:

• Corsair Employees
If you are having the wrong color LED displayed, first try creating a completely new profile. If that doesn't fix the issue, call into tech support we will assist you through a hard reset. This should fix it most of the time but if it doesn't it may need to be replaced.

• 8 months later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 6 months later...

I am having this issue as well and without doing anything... simply reading this thread, the keys fixed themselves. I didn't do anything. But I am sure it will come back at some point because it seems to come and go.

It's always that same row involving the F6 key, Page Up Y H B etc... it doesn't seem to want to display blue color which affects its RGB properties and displays the wrong colors.

Has anyone figured out a fix for this or am I just stuck with a crappy keyboard?

• 1 year later...

Old post, same problem here, just happened today, my K70 RGB keyboard is updated to latest firmware (3.08), tried to update icue software, same issue.

What I see on my keyboard is like the first post in this thread.

EDIT: next day, everything fixed, didn't touch anything. I don't know if it will fail again, or when...

Edited by klint74

• 1 year later...

2nd edit: i just rescued my k70 a few minutes ago, the problem, at least for my unit, is dirt inside the keyboard, i assume it gets inside by the gaps in the spacebar and other exposed holes and cause an electrical problem, y removed the spacebar and blowed inside the gap between the plate and the circuit board and the problem went away, now all colors look like as they should

I made an account just to say this actually worked...

• 4 months later...
That's a good idea.

I had the same problem with my K95 RGB. I sent it back and got a replacement. And now that replacement has the same issue. Different keys, though. I'm now waiting for the second replacement.

To make sure it is a hardware problem, create a new profile. Make all keys white. Do not use any other colors or effects. Save it to the device memory and make it the default profile.

You can then clearly see which keys have the problem. In time you will get more. If you tap the keys or shake the keyboard gently, some keys may or may not change their color.

It has been discussed before and we think it is a problem with bad soldering of the LEDs.

BTW: It doesn't matter if you have 16.8 million colors enabled or not. If it is a hardware problem then it will show up in both modes.

I've noticed that my Print Screen and "S" key are slightly different colours than the surrounding keys. I've also had the key stem snap off from the dash at the top right of the keyboard. Seems mine was not made up to the quality I'd normally expect from Corsair - such a shame!