Corsair Community

lighting not working

MajesticMoose

My k70 RGB keyboard lighting will sometimes stop responding out of nowhere and wont be fixed unless I reboot my computer with the keyboard unplugged and then plug it in when my computer is booted up.

By not responding I mean that it will show just my base lighting color with no effects or anything, and will not change when i try to change it in the software. It does this at random and cannot be fixed until i reboot my computer. I am plugging in the keyboard through USB 3.0 with just the usb cord with the keyboard on it.

How can i fix this issue? I just updated the firmware to 1.15 and re-downloaded the software and the keyboard lighting still stops responding.

Same here i have the Corsair k65 Rgb keyboard, and when i press the caps lock multiple times or hold alt my leds under the key they just freeze. They don't continue the pattern or effects. So that leads me to unpluging the usbs and re connecting them =/. I hope there is a solution to this.

I really hope that someone has a fix for this problem. It is very frustrating to spend this much on a keyboard for the rgb lighting and it doesn't work. I have had the keyboard since the day it came out and the problem only started a month ago. I doubt that i can return the keyboard because iv'e had it for a while now.

I really hope that someone has a fix for this problem. It is very frustrating to spend this much on a keyboard for the rgb lighting and it doesn't work. I have had the keyboard since the day it came out and the problem only started a month ago. I doubt that i can return the keyboard because iv'e had it for a while now.

I saw that someone had contacted Corsair and they said that they are aware of the problem and are working on a fix, so hopefully we won't have any more freezing soon.

And just a question, did the problems start occuring after you updated the firmware on your keyboard?

Hey guys,

so I bought my Corsair k70 RGB today, plugged in to PC and installed the Corsair Software.

After few minutes creating a profile, lightning stopped working. I uninstalled the software and lightning turned on again. Then I installed it again and lightning stopped again. Lightning works only when I don't have Corsair Software installed, so I can't change colors, etc.

Are there any solutions for this ?

Sorry for my bad english :/

This is a pretty common bug, often caused by spamming or holding Caps, Scroll, or Num lock. You shouldn't have to unplug/reboot. Turn your keyboard to BIOS mode using the switch on the back for 10 seconds and then turn it back. That should reboot the keyboard on its own.

• 1 year later...
I get this problem some time i have a corsair k65 lux, and the way i fix this problem is i close the (CUE)Corsair unity engine program in your system tray and relaunch it and my keyboard light start working again. hope this help anyone having the same problem

• 1 month later...
I got my K70, and as soon as I got it, it kept on happening, the lights would just stop changing out of nowhere, and i used to be able to unplug and replug the USB, and it would fix it for about an hour, but now it just stops again after around 1 second, and i will probably send it back soon.

• 11 months later...
This is a pretty common bug, often caused by spamming or holding Caps, Scroll, or Num lock. You shouldn't have to unplug/reboot. Turn your keyboard to BIOS mode using the switch on the back for 10 seconds and then turn it back. That should reboot the keyboard on its own.

I had this problem for a week or so. I tried several other things. But your suggestion was the solution.

Thank you!

• 3 months later...

In the Great Cue software that never has issues.......... yeah. Up top turn off Advanced & lights come back on.

Or you need to select Each key to light up under advanced, lighting effects tab. single clicks at a time..... Have to hold CTRL to select/highjlight more than 1 key, Or hold shift to highlight them all, Fun Fun This allows for multi change mode on Keys & colour shades (red, red or Red in my case....cleaver)

For the whole keyboard under Advanced use Lightings Libary option, add new, all lights should come back on.

Heres the issue tho, when you close the lighting Effects tab, the lights go off again.

So the easy way Go to lighting Effects tab > lightings library > Add a profile, copy profile to lighting effects (from menu right side) > click on lighting effects profile > Hold shift & lighting Hold keyboard image. Close lighting Effects tab/Close software to tray.

Hope someone can pass this onto Corsair, also hope they hire some better software people

• 10 months later...
My k70 RGB keyboard lighting will sometimes stop responding out of nowhere and wont be fixed unless I reboot my computer with the keyboard unplugged and then plug it in when my computer is booted up.

By not responding I mean that it will show just my base lighting color with no effects or anything, and will not change when i try to change it in the software. It does this at random and cannot be fixed until i reboot my computer. I am plugging in the keyboard through USB 3.0 with just the usb cord with the keyboard on it.

How can i fix this issue? I just updated the firmware to 1.15 and re-downloaded the software and the keyboard lighting still stops responding.

Same happened to me but i found a fix. Install the latest firmware and MAKE SURE your keyboards brightness is set to your preference. When i update the firmware it resets brightness

Archived