Corsair Community

ICue update made Vengeance Pro Sequential RGB bad

MikeyR

Hello,

This is regarding Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro

After the update to v 3.5.111 from 3.4.95

Before I was able to set one dimm to sequential and the LED effect will have same speed as before. After the update the LED speed will slow down a lot and look kinda laggy unless all 4 dimms runs sequential mode.

I liked the when it ran fast, because I could do some awesome effects where each dimm had it's own sequential effect and it will just look cool.

You can find a video I recorded of the "laggy" effect here -> https://photos.google.com/share/AF1QipNpSl_wmAzrEmGH-U42xSznxZl2XQR2MlDxCZ7gr7NhN62rvBTWyRJf3jgMROnp1Q?key=WnVDdVdwaWdTQVppTjNuXzB5NmRDWFpuZzB5d3dB

It's actually so bad (not recorded in the video) that when I use sequential on dimm 1&2 and new sequential 3&4 then dimm 2&3 are out of sync of each other. In the previous version they both ran smooth as **** and visually in sync.

Edited by MikeyR

Awesome, please let me know if you need any more information from me?

Is there an easy way to roll back a version, without getting my settings cleared? Because then I will be able to provide more videos on how it worked pre-update.

Thanks for investigating, please let me know if you find out more!

Hi,

I am having similar problems since updating to 3.5. I am having problems when using color shift (lightning link) across Corsair devices. The other devices all display the correct color but my Vengenance Pro RGB is out of sync with the rest of the devices.

Video

Edit: Sorry I am having problems getting this url to diplay correctly

https://photos.app.goo . gl/K5EKfx1JM5Pnx3ru8

My other devices are:

H150i

K70 Mk.2 RGB

3 x Corsair RGB LL 120mm fans connected to Commander Pro

If you need any more information then let me know.

Thanks

Edited by LastAngryMan
Correct URL link

Hi,

I am having similar problems since updating to 3.5. I am having problems when using color shift (lightning link) across Corsair devices. The other devices all display the correct color but my Vengenance Pro RGB is out of sync with the rest of the devices.

Video

Edit: Sorry I am having problems getting this url to diplay correctly

https://photos.app.goo . gl/K5EKfx1JM5Pnx3ru8

My other devices are:

H150i

K70 Mk.2 RGB

3 x Corsair RGB LL 120mm fans connected to Commander Pro

If you need any more information then let me know.

Thanks

Yeah I'm also having issues with google short link, they get posted wrong in this forum. My work around was to click on the image and sent the URL I had in my omnibar (where you insert urls).

So for your link I will use this https://photos.google.com/share/AF1QipOKCDymfDB6JZkcbrlEPV_nz_n3bwVIvVVUcuWp0fQ6JO1UTOzs14ZXxSYBxKZYGw?key=U0NaYjFyUDVJRVhuOXctOXZBNEhuUmFkRXIzMzl3

• 3 weeks later...

Today I've updated iCUE to v. 3.6.109 and also there was a firmware update for my memory (now running v.0.95.51) but the lag issue when using a color mode on less than all dimms is still present.

Any news on the process of fixing it?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

The newest update v3.7.99 kinda fixed the issue, you are able to turn software control of the RAM modules, so you can control every single LED inside the module. The only issue is that I can't seem to get my old sequential mode, where the two outer went down and the two middle went up, but with synchronised colors.

So it goes

outer green, inner green, outer red, inner red, Now it is just random mess of colors when doing random, I guess the algorithm is true random :D

• 1 month later...
am I the only one whose update to 0.95.51 keeps on failing? iCue itself is successfully updated to 3.7.99

Hi, you're not the only one. When I click on the update button, it says updating to 0.0.26 and just sits there doing nothing. It's pretty disappointing given the price of this RAM.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

I still seem to have issues synchronizing my memory with my Corsair LL120 fans and my motherboard RGB. The fans and the motherboard (Asus RoG strix z270f) are ok but my memory just gives up after 5 minutes.

I 've tried it with JackNet RGB Too but that did not help either.

Does anyone have an idea to help out?