Corsair Community

In game light flicker from Node Pro

Whisky Lima

I have two profiles setup for Rainbow Six Siege, one is orange and the other is blue. Basically, no matter which I am running, the system will flicker from time to time seemingly turning off all the LEDs on one channel or the other for a split second. Everything returns to normal but it will happen quite regularly during game play. I have seen this happen every time I play this game, but I don't play anything else at the moment so can't compare.

I will create a new R6S profile and see if the problem persists as this is a profile I carried over from CUE. Other than that, does anyone have any suggestions?

I've noticed that too. At first I thought it was just HWiNFO and iCUE conflicting with each other, but I have tried it without HWiNFO and the problem still persists. The lights will flicker once in a while, and eventually all the lighting effects will go out of sync. I feel like this problem should be addressed ASAP, seeing as iCUE is essentially a program to sync RGB effects, and it can't quite do that lol.

Well it is still in the early access stage and these kinds of problems usually don't present themselves until more people get their hands on it. There does seem to be an issue with my desktop theme too with the flicker, literally just saw it happen. I wonder if the two issues are connected? It would make sense that if there was a very brief pause that it would cause it to go out of sync.

If the two are connected then a fix for this would solve a lot of the problems I have seen in the forum.

Is anyone else experiencing the flickering issue alongside the syncing issue?

Hi CJ, sorry I meant profile not theme, I will see if I can catch the flickering in action and also the syncing issue, I am noticing this much more in game than when the computer is idle so I'm wondering if it could be CPU related? Perhaps this is more prominent when the CPU is being punished?

Will come back to you soon with video

OK I have tried just about everything today to try to recreate the problem but I can't. It would seem this is quite unique to when I play Rainbow Six Siege. I have the same profile in use now and have tried running GPU benchmarks with heaven and superposition. I have also ran a stability test with Aida64 and prim95 and again there wasn't a single stutter. I am not sure if the stuttering and the sync issue is connected at all at the moment because if I use my desktop profile, they sync will go out despite never actually seeing the stutter. I think they might be separate issues.

The only thing that seems to cause the stuttrer is playing rainbow six.

I have attached my desktop profile and rainbow six profile if anyone would care to have a look.

UPDATE: I can confirm that the flicker is nothing to do with the sync issue, I have literally sat and watched from the moment the profile was activated to the point where the sync issue was obvious and no flicker. I think the flicker might be a game related issue of some kind?

Desktop.cueprofile

R6S.cueprofile

Hey all, I have managed to spare a bit of time to gaming last night and this flickering issue happened about 3 - 4 times in a 4 minute round. It was pretty consistent when in game and there was never a time that it would stop happening until I stopped playing Rainbow Six Siege.

The flicker happens in this video for about 3 frames about half way through. I watched it back frame by frame and it appears all the lights in all the layers go out in the LNP but it doesn't always happen this way.

flicker.MP4.zip

I've managed to "fix" the flickering/sync issue that I've experienced after upgrading to iCUE. I backed up all my personal files & reset Windows 10. I have not noticed any flickering/sync issues after that, so my guess is there was some kind of driver issues when I upgraded to iCUE. Oh and running HWiNFO works flawlessly with iCUE as long as I disable "Corsair and Asetek Support" on HWiNFO. Hope this helps.

Well I have tried to reinstall iCue after completely removing it and all traces of it from the computer and also created new profiles from scratch but still getting that flicker while in game.

VapeNayshYall, did this also fix your syncing issues? If so I might give a reinstall a go

Well I have tried to reinstall iCue after completely removing it and all traces of it from the computer and also created new profiles from scratch but still getting that flicker while in game.

VapeNayshYall, did this also fix your syncing issues? If so I might give a reinstall a go

What is your CPU utilization when this happens?

What is your CPU utilization when this happens?

It only really happens when I'm playing Rainbow Six Siege which has my CPU running pretty hard, it will fluctuate between 90% and 100% and anywhere in between. Originally I thought It might be this but when I run AIDA64 the same issue doesn't show at all.

It only really happens when I'm playing Rainbow Six Siege which has my CPU running pretty hard, it will fluctuate between 90% and 100% and anywhere in between. Originally I thought It might be this but when I run AIDA64 the same issue doesn't show at all.

No, I think that's exactly what it is. My guess is that Aida doesn't show it perhaps because of thread prioritization; Aida's threads may be running at a lower priority in the OS.

I see the same flickering when running ROG RealBench, which uses Handbrake but not when running Handbrake standalone. The difference is in ROG RealBench's prioritization (high priority) vs. Handbrake standalone (low priority) and how these threads get scheduled WRT the threads that handle the lighting.

Archived