Corsair Community

Vengeance 2000 "Don't support this platform"

neldy

Hi Guys,

I picked up these wonderful headphones today, my first corsair product aside from RAM, and very impressed so far.

Not to give up so quickly due to one issue, I'd like to resolve this before resorting to sending them back for a refund.

I am having issues installing the Vengeance software. Using "Vengeance2000SW_1_7_051512.exe" as per the website.

Not having any issues with the headphones aside from installing this software. Sound and Mic both working flawlessly.

On trying to install the first time, my computer crashed at the end of the install, when it appeared nearly finished.

Since then, I've rebooted, tried different USB ports, cleaned out the registry and then found my way to this forum looking for a solution. It doesn't appear to be common.

When I run the application, the installer extracts all the files to user\temp etc. and then it fails with the error message "Don't support this platform"

dont.jpg

My system specs are Intel i7 920, 12gig ram, 2tb hd and geforce gtx 560 running Win 7 Ulti.

Anyone with any ideas would be appreciated.

Cheers,

neldy

• Corsair Employee
Neldy, you may have a defective USB Dongle. I noticed you said the sound and mic is sounding okay. Does this mean the default drivers recognize the headset, but only the software is giving you problems? When you tried it on different OS's, was this done on othr machines?

Neldy, you may have a defective USB Dongle. I noticed you said the sound and mic is sounding okay. Does this mean the default drivers recognize the headset, but only the software is giving you problems? When you tried it on different OS's, was this done on othr machines?

Yes, only the software giving me problems. Sound and mic working fine.

I've just plugged it in on my laptop and I would appear to be having the same issues. Win 7 home edition.

Plugged the dongle in, windows installed it's own drivers fine. Sound and mic worked.

Restart the computer and had a small issue booting, was freezing, perhaps due to outdated bios. Unplug dongle, boot fine, plug back in.

Get into windows, install the software, no issues until the end of the install.

My virus scanner, Bullguard, asks if I want to unblock a file (Setup.ex_), and then when I say it's safe, it continues. Right at the end of the install, the Vegeance 2000 icon has appeared on the desktop, and the machine has hard locked.

Restart machine, Vegeance 2000 icon on desktop and now to plug in the USB adapter.

Last time this happened, I had to mess around with instructions on adjust the oemXX.inf and other such things to get the drivers working.

Interesting... 2nd time around after reboot it installed no issues right over the top of the previous install.

Perhaps virus scanner related?

Edit: tried without virus scanner, firewall etc and nothing still. I'm lost here.

Archived