Corsair Community

M90 not working after boot.

Clan

When I boot my computer the M90 doesn't work. After replugging it into any USB-port the mouse will work. It also won't work in Bios.

I updated the M90 to the .029 firmware.

I'm using windows 8 pro 64bit

Mobo: Asus P8Z77-V LX2

• 4 weeks later...

I am having almost the same issue.

"When I boot my computer the M90 doesn't work. After replugging it into any USB-port the mouse will work. It also won't work in Bios."

When i first bought the mouse - it worked flawlessly. The corsair symbol and the LED on button 4 was lit - not sure of the profile LEDS(however i think only the bottom one was lit).

I downloaded the software and firmware from corsair site, updated the firmware before installing the software - all was successful.

Now it presents the symptoms above:

bottom and top profile lights are lit - no other lights.

The mouse is currently extra sensitive and on some surfaces it will "roam" randomly about the screen(however on other surfaces this symptom does not occur - weird..)

Unable to re-flash firmware - tested from two other PCs,

Error: Cannot open USB device, please plug the device into a USB port or reinstall driver!

On each PC - i plugged the device directly into a USB 2.0 port - and tested several ports. Installed the vengeance software and tried to flash again - still no love.

Is my device faulty?

Is it possible to roll back to the previous/an old firmware and test?(i cant find any old firmwares when searching on google)

How did Clan's issue get resolved? RMA?

Any advice or direction would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

comes up in devices and printers as KBD BOOT LOADER.

tried following the steps from http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=104856

no luck - wont pick up the driver manually - also those instructions appear to be for the K90 keyboard - tried them all the same.

Yes it does appear in my device manager when it is working.

(in device manager shows as HID compliant mouse - location : on USB input device)

Appears to be using standard MS generic drivers.

after a reboot - it shows as unknown device listed under USB controllers???

after removing all software and uninstalling it from device manager - still cannot get the mouse to work again - without pulling out from USB socket and re-connecting.

Im thinking the firmware on the device is fried - tested the above on two PC's -same symptoms - one was a WinXP machine - the other Windows 7.

I've tried everything i can think of - on several PC's - no luck.

Does anyone have the manual driver files for M90?

Is it possible to roll back firmware? Does anyone have a copy of old firmware?

Thanks

Yay - I fixed it!!!! I tried so many things - im not 100% what fixed it,

However I am somewhat confident i had a driver and firmware issue.

Firstly - i needed to get the corsair driver working.

C:\Program Files (x86)\corsair\M90 Mouse\Driver\X64

ran dpinst.exe

was then able to select the corsair driver manually

now i could run the firmware update tool successfully - which i did.

now the mouse appears in devices and printers as Corsair Vengeance M90 mouse

after a restart - woot - it works as normal!

all lights and extra functions from the software side work as expected.

Thanks for listening........

C:\Program Files (x86)\corsair\M90 Mouse\Driver\X64

ran dpinst.exe

After a failed firmware update (only 2 LEDs lit) could not get driver to install. Did this, plugged into different USB port, now detected as M90 mouse, then was able to run firmware update tool.

Out of curiosity, are there any plans to produce any configuration software for Linux?

I tried all of this. Nothing works.

The USB mouse will show up at devices. But I can't install any firmware and none of these actions will let me update the M90.

When trying to update I keep getting:

Error: Cannot open USB device, please plug the device into a USB port or reinstall driver!

Manually installing the firmware won't work either. The mouse doesn't respond to anything. It just lies there being pretty.

I've contacted support and I'm still hoping for an RMA atm because I'm out of ideas.

Archived