Corsair Community

M65 Pro Sniper Button Broke

Lyfeslap

I'm new to the Corsair forums, so sorry if this post is poorly formatted.

Today I was just browsing the internet and out of boredom I pressed the sniper button on my mouse a few times. The button was a little hard to press after a few clicks. I pressed the button with more force and heard a little click. The bottom corner of the sniper button no longer presses like it should and, overall, the button requires a lot less force. Is it completely broken or is there a way to fix the button? If it is completely broken, how would I handle getting a new one?

Note: The button still works, it's just much easier to press and feels "cheaper". I just want to fix it before it completely breaks.

This is a common problem and my advice would be to send it back. Even better, return it to your store and get another brand of mouse as this has been an issue since the mouse came out and they don't seem to be in any hurry to fix it.

I wouldn't try open it personally. It was their fault it broke, make them fix it. Also I wouldn't bother with Corsair RMA system, it's as bad as the quality of their products.

I've had two M65s now with the exact same problem and read many reports from other people with the same problem. I'm waiting for them to tell me they fixed the issue before I try my third one.

In the last week mine has degraded further. Before it was the lower right corner that was mushy and it had a slight rattle. Now it feels very broken and has a loud rattle just moving the mouse.

My advice, get rid of it within your store's refund policy window. Good luck!

This is a common problem and my advice would be to send it back. Even better, return it to your store and get another brand of mouse as this has been an issue since the mouse came out and they don't seem to be in any hurry to fix it.

I wouldn't try open it personally. It was their fault it broke, make them fix it. Also I wouldn't bother with Corsair RMA system, it's as bad as the quality of their products.

I've had two M65s now with the exact same problem and read many reports from other people with the same problem. I'm waiting for them to tell me they fixed the issue before I try my third one.

In the last week mine has degraded further. Before it was the lower right corner that was mushy and it had a slight rattle. Now it feels very broken and has a loud rattle just moving the mouse.

My advice, get rid of it within your store's refund policy window. Good luck!

It's been 3 months since I've gotten this mouse, so returning it is out of the question. I want to try and open it to see if this is an easy fix so I do not have to wait forever to get it repaired. Will it void my warranty if I do open it up and attempt to repair it?

It's been 3 months since I've gotten this mouse, so returning it is out of the question. I want to try and open it to see if this is an easy fix so I do not have to wait forever to get it repaired. Will it void my warranty if I do open it up and attempt to repair it?

I'm sorry I don't know if it would void the warranty, hopefully a Corsair employee can answer that as I'd love to know too.

The warranty is a bit vague it states...

Exclusions

This warranty does not cover problems or damage resulting from, but not limited to, any of the following:

Any modification, abuse, accident, disassembly, misapplication, or unauthorized repair

So it says it doesn't cover problems "resulting" from disassembly but this problem isn't from that.

Mine is also outside of the refund window and about the same age too. I wonder if it was a faulty batch and if the problem has been resolved. If a Corsair employee can please tell us if this issue has been fixed then that would be great too.

I really like the M65 Pro, it's a shame that you and I are getting defects. I'm pretty sure removing the back is going to void the warranty, but I don't know if removing the side panel (where the sniper button is) would void the warranty, hopefully a corsair employee can get back at us.

I really like the M65 Pro, it's a shame that you and I are getting defects. I'm pretty sure removing the back is going to void the warranty, but I don't know if removing the side panel (where the sniper button is) would void the warranty, hopefully a corsair employee can get back at us.

I have a feeling you have to remove the back in order to remove the side. I sent you a private message with a link I found that described the teardown. I wasn't sure what the forum rules were regarding posting links (especially ones about tearing Corsair products apart) and so I PM'd it.

• 10 months later...

Archived