Corsair Community

Switched h100i Plat Fans, 6QL120 w ComPro HELP!

DJLegacy2k5

Hello

I made a change to my setup I need to install TODAY so please clear this up. I've read all of the threads on setup buy I'm still slightly confused as this is my first time.

I have the h100i Platinum but I bought TWO 3 pack kits of QL120 Fans both come with Light Node CORE and can take 6 fans but also Comander Pro can take 6 fans and I have a Commander Pro as well.

Do I need the Light Node Cores at all? If I hook 2 of the fans into the pump & 4 into the ComPro directly OR should I hook all 6 fans into ComPro directly? Should I hook 2 fans into the cooler and a node core and then 4 into the 2nd node core and then both into the ComPro?

If I hook 2 into the cooler and 4 into ComPro are all light effects able to be synced? If I hook all 6 directly into ComPro will the 2 on the cooler have proper control with the pump?

I'm not going to use the.2 ML fans that came with the h100i Platinum for right now so all of the fan types are the same so what is the best way to hook the cooler and the 6 fans since I have 2 light pro cores and a ComPro?

Please help since my PC is all apart now!

Thanks!

Hi buddy... do you have an RGB Fan LED hub? if so.. yes you can use those rather than the Lighting Node Core (Note.. you can have 6 QL fans per LED channel on the Commander Pro via the RGB Fan LED Hub but if using a Lighting Node Pro then you are limited to 6 QL fans in total due to device limitations)

I have 6 total ql120s. I have 2 light node cores from each 3 pack of ql120s I have the commander pro and I have the h100i platinum but I'm not going to use those ML fans I'm going to use 2 of the qls on the radiator and then 3 qls on front of my case and then 1 ql on the rear.

The compro has 6 fan inputs, I have 6 fans, I was told the compro does the same job as a led hub plus offers control. So I dont know if I can just plug all 6 qls into the compro or if I need to hook 2 to the cooler pump for control from the pump then the pump into compro and the other 4 qls directly into 4 of the 6 fan inputs on compro or if the node core has to be used. I've seen diagrams and it looks like this would be how to do it but I'm only about 80% sure.

Ok,, that makes things more clear. for power (make them spin).. always power the radiator fans from the AIO.. this allows your cooling system to work correctly regardless of other hardware/software/OS...

run the none Rad fans from the CoPro