Corsair Community

Keyboard is Typing Random Letters after Gaming

Mojjoh

Okay, so my problem started a few months ago on an old generic keyboard that I was using. I had been gaming and all of the sudden, out of nowhere, every single key on the keyboard began to type multiple, different letters. I thought it was just the keyboard dying, so I bought a nicer one(Corsair K70). I've had it for about a month now, but now I have the same problem. While in the same exact game I had been playing on my old keyboard (DayZ) certain keys started acting up. But this time, it's only a few keys, and not every single one. AND, while I was writing this same exact thread last night on a different keyboard, it fixed itself, but now, the next day, it started up again while in a game. I have tried everything from language settings, to BIOS updates, installed new drivers, nothing works. I'll give you an example of the keys that are acting up.

P = iop[eqrtuwy

Enter = \]

0 = 4512367890-`

. = bmnv,./CXZ|

; = FGHJKL;'ADS

These are the only keys that this is happening to. I havent spilled any liquid on the keyboard, I've taken great care of it. I popped they keys off and everything looks normal. Hope you guys can help me out. Thanks. :)

More about : keyboard typing random letters gaming

So - odd - just had the exact same issue on a K70 Lux Red back light!

Even connected to another computer.

Flicked switch to BIOS and then back to 1000 and ok now!

Hoping it's something to do with recent firmware update.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I'm having the exact same issues as OP with the responses to those keys. I can't seem to identify what triggers the issues and stops it. I've owned the keyboard for a week, and it's happened to me twice. Both times I had to switch keyboards, and both times I switched back the problem continued and then randomly stopped---without a clear trigger.

The issue happened before I installed CUE. Problem persisted after I installed CUE.

Tried restarting, adjusting BIOS refresh thingy and changing USB ports. None of these things worked.

Today---after trying all the things above, I kept hitting the key 'p' in notepad and after 10 displays of random letters it stopped.

I put a ticket in and I can confirm the solution below worked for me.

1 - Uninstall the Corsair CUE software and any other previous Corsair software installations. (Located in Control Panel > Programs and Features)

2 - Hold the windows key and press "R" to open the windows run command

3 - Type in %APPDATA% and press enter

4 - Delete the Corsair Folder (backup any settings or profiles if you wish by saving it somewhere else)

5 - Run a registry cleaning software such as CCleaner (Run registry scan and fix all issues, backup the registry if you like)

6 - Restart your system

7 - Install the Corsair software only for your specific hardware

http://softwaredownloads.corsair.com/Files/Gaming-Keyboards/CorsairUtilityEngineSetup_2.7.78_release.msi

I noticed after spamming f12 a couple times the problem was fixed.

Although, after figuring it out, making an account etc the problem was back.

I'm not sure if its just my keyboard but hitting f12 a couple times seems to give some temporary relief lol

I noticed after spamming f12 a couple times the problem was fixed.

Although, after figuring it out, making an account etc the problem was back.

I'm not sure if its just my keyboard but hitting f12 a couple times seems to give some temporary relief lol

This fix in another thread by Grapefruit has worked for me for about 2 days now and counting:

If some of your keys are typing random strings of letters the fix below worked for me.

1 - Uninstall the Corsair CUE software and any other previous Corsair software installations. (Located in Control Panel > Programs and Features)

4 - Delete the Corsair Folder (backup any settings or profiles if you wish by saving it somewhere else)

5 - Run a registry cleaning software such as CCleaner (Run registry scan and fix all issues, backup the registry if you like)

6 - Restart your system

http://softwaredownloads.corsair.com...78_release.msi

• Confused 1

• 2 weeks later...

me too! :eek:

Love this keyboard but had the same issue. Push the "0" key and it autofilled random numbers. No rhyme or reason. Brand new keyboard. Had CUE installed and then a tech at Corsair it's not needed for the K70 RED ONLY keyboard. Just RGB. So I uninstalled it.

Filed a ticket with Corsair. Also reset the BIOS switch. Sounded like the keyboard re-initialized then worked fine. Hope this isn't an ongoing issue. Keyboard is awesome.

If we're typing into a DOS command line - can you type exactly what we type to delete these folders? My MSDOS is rusty and I need the exact command line to type. Thanks:D:

This fix in another thread by Grapefruit has worked for me for about 2 days now and counting:

If some of your keys are typing random strings of letters the fix below worked for me.

6 - Restart your system

http://softwaredownloads.corsair.com...78_release.msi

For anyone finding that the mentioned fix only works temporarily, I think the best option might be to replace the keyboard if possible. On my keyboard the problem returned after a week or so and I ended up sending it back and getting a replacement which has been working fine.

I followed up on my original ticket where they suggested a couple fixes including the one I mentioned earlier and they agreed that it should just be returned if the problem persists.

I don't know. If you have to replace a new keyboard means the product sucks.

I doubt these keyboards are defective. I think it's a software issue. Corsair did screw up and not make it clear you should not use the CUE for the Lux K70 RED ONLY keyboard. It's designed for the RGB. So I accidentally downloaded this thinking I needed it because I couldn't find a RED ONLY manual on their web site. It steered me to the RGB manual. Big mistake.

So that CUE software was screwing up the keyboard until they told me I don't need it and so I deleted it.

It's just a simple USB connection. There's no software driver for the K70 that I can tell. The BIOS switch flip solved it for me. Keyboard is only 2 months old. I'll post what the response is to my ticket request.

I'm not 100% sure Joey ; the keyboard definitly has a problem, as it is not local to the computer. When I branched the keyboard to an old computer, it still had the problem, at the very launch of the OS.

Maybe the software downloaded something right into the keyboard, and now the keyboard is messed up. That's the only thing possible in my eyes.

And the bug is very odd. Typing one specific letter makes you write the whole line of characters, in a random order. And it happens to the letters on a same column. It's very, very odd.

I'm thinking it is an issue with the keyboard because after mine was replaced I have been using it with CUE to set up macros and there hasn't been any issue. My first keyboard had the original issue on multiple devices with and without CUE.

I have even tried changing the lights to ripple and wave even though it's all just red LEDs and the new keyboard still works fine. It's shows up in the software as a k70 LUX with red backlight so the software looks like it is supposed to work with this model.

The box for the keyboard says it is compatible with CUE on the outside and it is a red LED specific box so I don't know why they would say it's only for the RGB boards.

Edited by Grapefruit8706