Corsair Community

Beta software showing positive results

persentio

Despite some bug fixes as well as Macros now working with the new hardware playback feature, I would actually discourage M90 users to use the Beta software. The original release is still much more stable for me.

FYI: I have tried even a 'fresh' install. First, I uninstalled the original software. Next, I went to device manager to uninstall drivers for the M90. Restarted my computer, plugged the M90 back in, and then installed the new Beta software.

Pressing problems I encountered with the Beta release:

1) Enabling hardware playback makes the mouse buttons go haywire on my system. Some buttons stopped functioning correctly, others take on additional unintended functions. Disabling it however, does make the mouse revert to normal.

2) The "Save to profile" function bricked my mouse. When it reached 100%, my mouse hung, and then disconnected itself and switched off. When I tried re-plugging it back in, Windows gives me a "USB device not recognized" error and fails driver installation. I tried plugging the mouse to another computer and the same error. Had to RMA the mouse.

• Corsair Employee

Just a reminder this is a Beta release of the software and some users may experience issues. If you are not experiencing any issues with the current "Official" software we advise not to install until the office release.

Before installing the beta software make sure you uninstall the previous version and restart your computer. Install the Beta 2.12 release.

Assuming a user saves a profile to the M90, haywire buttons means a possible botched mapping table. This denote USB connection failed and mapping / macro data was corrupted. We suggest changing the USB 2.0 port that is used. If switching the USB port to a known good port does not bring improvement a replacement mouse is needed.

Wow, experience some issues eh?

The reason I found this thread is because the beta software just bricked my mouse too and I did a search for "bricked". Wow, great software. Now I'm going to have to take it back, and frankly I don't see the point in having it replaced although that's likely the only option I have left. If I get it replaced through the RMA, what's the chances of the software bricking the new mouse too?

I own both the K90 and M90.

I'm trying to figure out what i've done to get my M90 working. I think i'm the only member here that has a working M90 after the beta update.

- I have my mouse plugged in my K90. My K90 is plugged into my monitor's back USB ports.

- I uninstalled the old software. Installed the new beta software. Updated the FIRMware for the K90.

- I never unplugged my K90 and M90 when i uninstalled the old software

- I wonder if updating the K90 firmware did something to my M90??? I also wonder if users with both the M & K90 are having mouse problems????

- I also have hardware playback enabled; And i clicked it on prior to recording any key strokes.

- The original drivers on release for the M&K were useless for me. Didn't work period. I even tried the running the "K90hid/ M90hid" applications as administrator. Even the volume and mute buttons didnt work for me before the beta update.

Is it because i own both together?? Hmmmm i dont know....but i like to try and help. I'll most likely be attacked for posting this and be accused as a "Corsair Employee". Anyways i apologize before hand if anyone get offended.

Hopefully an official update will fix everyones else's problems.

Wow, experience some issues eh?

The reason I found this thread is because the beta software just bricked my mouse too and I did a search for "bricked". Wow, great software. Now I'm going to have to take it back, and frankly I don't see the point in having it replaced although that's likely the only option I have left. If I get it replaced through the RMA, what's the chances of the software bricking the new mouse too?

Stick with the old software and you should be fine.

I own both the K90 and M90.

I'm trying to figure out what i've done to get my M90 working. I think i'm the only member here that has a working M90 after the beta update.

- I have my mouse plugged in my K90. My K90 is plugged into my monitor's back USB ports.

- I uninstalled the old software. Installed the new beta software. Updated the FIRMware for the K90.

- I never unplugged my K90 and M90 when i uninstalled the old software

- I wonder if updating the K90 firmware did something to my M90??? I also wonder if users with both the M & K90 are having mouse problems????

- I also have hardware playback enabled; And i clicked it on prior to recording any key strokes.

- The original drivers on release for the M&K were useless for me. Didn't work period. I even tried the running the "K90hid/ M90hid" applications as administrator. Even the volume and mute buttons didnt work for me before the beta update.

Is it because i own both together?? Hmmmm i dont know....but i like to try and help. I'll most likely be attacked for posting this and be accused as a "Corsair Employee". Anyways i apologize before hand if anyone get offended.

Hopefully an official update will fix everyones else's problems.

I guess it's probably either

1) You are REALLY lucky :p:

2) Your computer specs and set up closely follow what corsair's testers have

3) Some weird USB pass through / chain causing greater compatibility with those devices

One thing i can confirm that doesn't work with the M90 is the simple: "single key press and hold" function. Ex: FPS games - assigning "W" to the mouse button. Holding down the assigned mouse button wont make your character walk. Tried countless configurations and it don't work. Weird thing is i can assign key strokes no problem to the M90 (ex: Shift + Insert. which brings up my OSD for MSI Afterburner)

Anyways i read in another thread here that someone from Corsair is aware of the situation.

One thing i can confirm that doesn't work with the M90 is the simple: "single key press and hold" function. Ex: FPS games - assigning "W" to the mouse button. Holding down the assigned mouse button wont make your character walk. Tried countless configurations and it don't work. Weird thing is i can assign key strokes no problem to the M90 (ex: Shift + Insert. which brings up my OSD for MSI Afterburner)

Anyways i read in another thread here that someone from Corsair is aware of the situation.

Thats been reported many times, and NO ETA for fix yet.

Archived