Corsair Community

Keyboard not working with win10 update

Teesal

Hi all,

My Corsair Strafe keyboard was working fine with Win7, and I just update to Win10 pro. Problem: At the login screen, the keyboard can not be used (lights are on but you can not write text), and then it is not possible to enter the login to start the session. The only solution that works: unplug the 2 USB ports, and plug it again each time you start the computer... but it is not really practical. :bigeyes:

iCUE is installed with the last update... without any change. I have tried the "ESC" touch when plugging the USB, but it does not change anything.

Do you have a solution to solve this problem?

Thank you !

Xavier

I don't have a permanent fix for you, but in the meantime you could try putting it in and out of bios mode rather than unplugging it. I don't think the strafe keyboards had the switch next to the cable to swap, but I know you can hold down F1 and the windows lock key for about 3 seconds to put the keyboard into bios mode. This might trigger windows to see your keyboard the same as if you had unplugged it. I know on my k95 rgb it sees a disconnect and reconnect in windows if I flip the switch. Once in bios mode there is a light that flashes, but I don't have a strafe and don't remember which one. To turn off bios mode hold down the keys again for around 3 seconds and it should go back to normal.