Corsair Community

Brand new RM850 850W PSU Cooked my Corsair iCUE H100i RGB PRO XT LED's

PG4791

Today I replaced a EVGA PSU with a RM 850 PSU in preparation for a 3080, everything went smoothly, nice install, on powering up I heard the PSU click inside but the system didnt boot up.

I repowered the system after checking cables again and I heard the LEDS fizzling inside the pump of my new Corsair iCUE H100i RGB PRO XT !

I feared the worst and removed the 850w and replaced the 750x EVGA, the system booted up fine, except now only a red LED can be seen on the pump.

WTF Happened?

And where do I go from here??

i believe all corsair cables should state on the PSU end connector what type they are like "type 3", or "type 4" (look in your Corsair bag of cables)

If it's not written, it's probably an EVGA cable. Maybe start by checking the one powering your AIO since this one let the magic smoke escape, but check them all really.

• Corsair Employee
Now that you come to mention it, Im not 100% sure, its possible I got one mixed up during the take down?

Where they plug into the PSU may be physically the same, but the pinout will be different.

The EVGA connector is:

Top row: +12V, N/C, GND

Bottom row: +5V, GND, +3.3V

Corsair is:

Top row: GND, +5V, GND

Bottom row: +3.3V, +5V, +12V

So you can see how switching them can cause a lot of damage.

And as LeDoyen pointed out; the connectors will be marked differently where they plug into the PSU.

Where they plug into the PSU may be physically the same, but the pinout will be different.

The EVGA connector is:

Corsair is:

And as LeDoyen pointed out; the connectors will be marked differently where they plug into the PSU.

Many Thanks for your help.

The EVGA connector is:

Corsair is:

Yup! That would do it.