Corsair Community

Corsair Void USB Hardware Mute unresponsive on console

Wes

The headset hardware mutes itself automatically when I plug it into my console(PS4) or my PC. The mute button on the headset itself works fine on the PC, but on the PS4 I can't get it to headset mute turned off. The mic works until the initializing sound plays, then it's gone. Nothing I try in the PS4 settings does anything, and there isn't a "disable hardware auto-mute" button in the CUE as far as I know. Any suggestions are appreciated. It was working up until a few weeks ago, if that helps at all. The headset firmware is fully updated.

Tl;Dr: Mic started auto-muting on PS4 and PC, hardware mute button on headset works on PC but not on PS4, firmware is fully updated.

Edited by Wes
Adding a time frame, Summarizing

Well, it stopped doing what it was doing and works now:biggrin: Not quite sure what happened or what I did, but if it happens again I'm not worried because it'll fix itself eventually.

• 5 months later...

Sorry to bump an old thread, but has anyone found a reliable solution to this? I'm having this exact same issue and it's infuriating. When plugging the headset into my ps4 it works perfectly fine until the startup sound plays, then the microphone auto mutes itself and I'm unable to unmute it since the ps4 doesn't support the built in button. I'm using the Void RGB usb (model # CA-9011139-NA) if that helps at all.

Edit: I managed to solve it by plugging the headset into my computer and holding the mute button until the mic defaulted to active when first plugged in, then it started working on my ps4.

Edited by Okka

• 4 months later...
Just registered to these forums to confirm corsair void rgb usb mic can be fixed for ps4 this way. I had the same problem where the mic was detected but would be auto muted. Since the mute button doesn't function well with ps4 I just plugged into pc tapped the button to uute the mic then held it down a few seconds till it blinked a few times. Worked immediately upon plugging back into ps4

• 10 months later...
  • 2 years later...