Corsair Community

New RAM = Mouse Trouble

-Red-

I have a Logitech MX Duo (wireless mouse & keyboard combo). Prior to yesterday morning, I was using a single stick of 128 PC2100 RAM for basic component testing. Everything was peaches and cream. Yesterday morning however, I recieved my Corsair XMS 1024 (2x512) PC3200PRO DDR400, and quickly replaced the old stuff. No adjustments to the system at all (btw, I am new to this scene, so I haven't tweaked/adjusted my rig...yet). The keyboard still works fine, but for some reason my mouse freezes. It responds during initial WindowsXP startup, and then it freezes. I rebooted in Diagnostic mode. Everything worked fine. Rebooted back to normal startup. Mouse freezes. I have not installed any new programs or hardware in a week until this new RAM. I even removed the Corsair and put the PC2100 stuff back in, and the mouse returned to normail. Put the Cosrair back in and...freeze. I have tried using each stick of the Corsair by itself, and it still freezes. I tried moving the sticks to the black colored DIMMs...nothing. The mouse works fine with the old RAM, but not with the Corsair?!? Any thoughts?

• Corsair Employee
Please enter the bios with our modules installed and load setup defaults then turn off AI over clocking and set the timings manually to Cass 2-3-3-6 and set the dim voltage to 2.75 Volts. Then, please run [url]www.memtest.org[/url] on your modules. However you have to disable legacy USB support when running this program! In addition please set the performance mode to standard!

...ok...I did all of what you asked. Memtest made 7 passes with zero errors. On reboot...mouse still froze. However, on another forum where I had posted my problem, someone suggested I REMOVE the Logitech driver, and let the default Windows mouse drive take over. I did that, and it seems to be working just fine...for now. Not sure how that works, but oh well, it does. Just an FYI. Thanks for the fast response.

• Corsair Employee
Actually, I have the same combo of KB and Mouse, and I have used the Microsoft driver from day one and never seen this kind of problem. I would suggest using the default driver in Microsoft WinXP. However if you have run the test and set the settings I gave you with out problems or errors, I would have to suspect some other problem.

Archived