Corsair Community

Dual EK-XRES 140 Revo D5 vertical mount 1000D

Bogartz

So I've switched back and forth on several different pumps for this build. I had looked at XSPC Photons, but couldn't see those fitting vertically. I actually had 2 TT Pacific PR22-D5 they fit on top of the HDD cage perfectly, but I didn't want to deal with the speed adjustment on the bottom of the pump so I sent them back.

So now I have the EK Revos, and the only mount I've been able to find that will work isn't quite laid out for installation on the HDD cage to allow for 2 pumps vertically. The EK UNI is an eyesore in my opinion, but that's all I've been able to find and I can only mount 1 pump on the cage and the other on the sidewall.

Are there other vertical mount options for this pump/res, preferably something with a smaller footprint to allow for both pumps?

mRmEeu1.jpg?1

Here are the TT PR22-D5 pumps I had previously. That footprint was perfect.

AQPa7YJ.jpg?2

You could also mount one on the sidewall and one on one of the fans in the forward column which will allow you to align them in height so it doesn't look weird. That leaves none on the tray, though.

Or if you're willing to whip out a drill, you can probably come up with a hole pattern that'll allow both pumps to be mounted on the tray.

Or switch to single loop. I have a pic of my single res, dual pump set up on page 5 of the 1000D thread in the case section.

Edited by eisenb11

You could also mount one on the sidewall and one on one of the fans in the forward column which will allow you to align them in height so it doesn't look weird. That leaves none on the tray, though.

Or if you're willing to whip out a drill, you can probably come up with a hole pattern that'll allow both pumps to be mounted on the tray.

Or switch to single loop. I have a pic of my single res, dual pump set up on page 5 of the 1000D thread in the case section.

OMI, nice build love the layout. What size tubing did you use?

I had looked at the dual pump, but I've always done single loop and thought with the 1000D, why not do dual loop :sunglasse Also with the 9700k I wanted to isolate it from any other components for this build to ensure optimal cooling.

As the picture shows I'm not unhappy with the locations, just a little miffed with the options from EK for free standing vertical mount options.

Thanks for the advice, I'm merely starting to put things together so definitely time for changing if I'm not happy with the results.

Edited by Bogartz

Yeah, the dual loop will be optimal if you're trying to keep your CPU and GPU separate. Also looks pretty cool and you can do 2 different colors.

I figured that with 4x 480s there is so much overkill going on that that I could get away with a single loop and still get low RPM fan performance :)

That lead to the choice of a dual pump, because having 4 rads will add a lot of restriction so this allowed me to keep the pressure up with the RPM down (lower noise).

The tubing size is 16mm. I went with acrylic. Supposedly a little harder to work with, but I didn't deal with bending and also was planning on using a glycol based coolant, so better safe than sorry!

Yeah, EK's mounting options were pretty bad, I'm using their res clips to hold my res up - they have no grip. I probably should have added some rubber pads or something to them. My res is really being held in place by the fittings on the top and bottom.

I think it may be possible to manually modify those horizontal pump mounts to reduce their footprint either through bending or the fun way - with a drill.

Best of luck - remember to post pics!

OMI, nice build love the layout. What size tubing did you use?

I had looked at the dual pump, but I've always done single loop and thought with the 1000D, why not do dual loop :sunglasse Also with the 9700k I wanted to isolate it from any other components for this build to ensure optimal cooling.

As the picture shows I'm not unhappy with the locations, just a little miffed with the options from EK for free standing vertical mount options.

Thanks for the advice, I'm merely starting to put things together so definitely time for changing if I'm not happy with the results.

I've had some instances in previous builds where I was relying solely on the tubing and fittings to hold up my pump lol. Scary thought, but that's just how I worked it out lol.

I had initially planned on 16mm but when I saw the 14mm options I thought I would try something different. I've had both 12mm and 16mm in other builds so wanted to see how middle of the road looked. I also went with acrylic, I've used both acrylic and PETG and both work fine, but I think I like acrylic best mainly because of clarity and workability. I haven't decided on fluid yet, most of the time I just use distilled water, so I'll have to look at colored options to show off the glass :laughing:.

For pump mounting, I'm looking at some L brackets that I could drill some holes and mount the pumps to the brackets and the brackets to the HDD cage. I'm also looking at your option of mounting one on the radiator fan and the other on the side wall if I can get them to line up at the same height. That's going to be the trick, so we'll see how that works out.

I'll just have to see how things go this weekend. I'm going to do some bracket shopping and my rgb fan extension cable parts will be in so I'll be trying to get my fan cables setup and if I can find brackets, hopefully decide on where the pumps will mount.

I've been reluctant to post any build pics lol, I usually have high hopes on a build and it never turns out the way I want and I end up disappointed lol. Maybe this one will be different, but I'll post some pics at least.

Edited by Bogartz