Corsair Community

Advice on Configuration 680x

Cairnexus

Greetings, first post so I apologize if any of this is common knowledge. I just purchased a Corsair Commander Pro (awaiting its arrival) and wanted to get an understanding prior on the best practices/advice for my specific configuration and if I need to purchase anything additional to get it working.

I will be using a H115i RGB PLATINUM 280mm (2x RGB fans) along with 6x LL120 RGB fans. My case (Corsair 680x) came with a Corsair RGB Fan LED Hub and a Lighting Node Core built into it. I have an additional set of these that came with the 3 pack of fans I purchased as well.

I looked at some of the charts here: https://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=173880&t=173880 but didn't see any 8 fan setups specifically but did see the disclaimer about maybe using a fan splitter but may not be supported?

My question is what is the recommended method of connecting these with my current setup after the commander pro gets involved in the mix. Will it replace my current setup or can I daisy chain the current hub/node core setup into the commander. I just wanted to have the fans controlled by temp rather then run 24/7 which is what I have now with molex to 4 pin adapters. Thanks in advance!

The 680X comes with a Lighting Node Pro, not a Lighting Node Core. Big difference, believe it or not. The Pro is better as it has 2 channels. The Commander Pro will, however, replace the NoPro. Like the NoPro, the CoPro has 2 RGB channels.

Fan splitters are technically not supported. However, many of us have used 2 way splitters with great success and no issues. 3-way splitters have had many problems reported and, therefore, are not recommended.

That said, you won't need splitters. The Platinum cooler will control the 2 fans connected directly to it for both PWM (fan speed) and RGB. That leaves 6 fans for the Commander Pro's 6 fan ports. All is good.

• Confused 1

Hi all,

I am in a similar situation, but I do not have a commander pro.

Same 680x case.

Here is my planned setup:

• 3x LL120mm RGB fans in front intake (from case)
  • 2x h100i AIO cooler fans top exhaust
  • 3x LL120mm RGB fans from the recent 3-pack sale (2 bottom intake 1 rear exhaust
  • RGB LED Strips (The expansion set)

This gives me 1x RGB hub, 2x LNPros to connect to.

Is this setup doable with only this hardware? Or with a splitter?

I really don't want to have to purchase a Commander Pro if I don't have to :( It's a lot of $$.

Thank you :)

You'll need 1 hub and 1 channel for the fans and 1 channel for the strips. That's just one single Lighting Node Pro.

For the AIO - if it's a Platinum series cooler, then it has an RGB connector for the RGB fans that it comes with. If it's a Pro or V2 series cooler, the stock fans don't have RGB. So you're good there either way.

For fan speed control, you'll use your motherboard fan headers for all of your fans except the ones with the cooler. The AIO fans should be plugged into your AIO's fan headers. You may need splitters with that - hard to say.

You'll need 1 hub and 1 channel for the fans and 1 channel for the strips. That's just one single Lighting Node Pro.

For the AIO - if it's a Platinum series cooler, then it has an RGB connector for the RGB fans that it comes with. If it's a Pro or V2 series cooler, the stock fans don't have RGB. So you're good there either way.

For fan speed control, you'll use your motherboard fan headers for all of your fans except the ones with the cooler. The AIO fans should be plugged into your AIO's fan headers. You may need splitters with that - hard to say.

I really appreciate this. Thank you! Put my heart at ease :)