Corsair Community

Less bass reproduction than my £40 earbuds?!

ON_POINT

Ok so I bought the Virtuoso SE after seeing some good reviews from trusted influencers. But it seems they got bribed because I don't know how no one would mention the lack of bass. After a bit of searching, I actually found some written reviews where people mention this. But how can 50mm drivers produce such flat bass? And I'm not a bass head either.

These cost me £170 but my £40 Bluetooth earbuds have more bass. The equalizer helps but you can't really get good bass, and if u force too much the sound quality gets worse.

Does anyone know what the issue is? Is it literally the hardware or can this be fixed with firmware or software?

Edited by ON_POINT

Ok so I bought the Virtuoso SE after seeing some good reviews from trusted influencers. But it seems they got bribed because I don't know how no one would mention the lack of bass. After a bit of searching, I actually found some written reviews where people mention this. But how can 50mm drivers produce such flat bass? And I'm not a bass head either.

These cost me £170 but my £40 Bluetooth earbuds have more bass. The equalizer helps but you can't really get good bass, and if u force too much the sound quality gets worse.

Does anyone know what the issue is? Is it literally the hardware or can this be fixed with firmware or software?

Hi,

I noticed that the Corsair headphones (used VOID previosly, now Virtuoso SE) have less bass as another brands. Idk why - you need to discuss that with Corsair technical department ;)

So I was looking for a solution, took some time to find it out, but my solution is called Audio Processing Object (APO). It's a piece of software that injects between the generated sound, process it and forward to the headset. Not sure if I can put here 3rd party software names, so just search for it, there are not many software which can do that on satisfying level (for me).

• Corsair Employee
This is how they tuned the drivers for the Virtuoso headset as they feel it provides the purest sound quality. Its not a defect but rather intended. If you have attempted to adjust the bass levels of the headset using the EQ settings in iCUE and still do not like the level of bass being provided then you may want to look into returning the headset

• 2 weeks later...
This is how they tuned the drivers for the Virtuoso headset as they feel it provides the purest sound quality. Its not a defect but rather intended. If you have attempted to adjust the bass levels of the headset using the EQ settings in iCUE and still do not like the level of bass being provided then you may want to look into returning the headset

If they think having 50mm drivers and tuning them to produce less low-end bass than earbuds provides "the purest sound" they need to be fired.

In fact, I just realized you can buy very small Bluetooth receivers with aptX low-latency, which means you can just turn ANY wired headphones into wireless ones with unnoticeable delay. And there are plenty of headphones from brands like Sennheizer, AKG, Philips, Audio Technica that offer far better sound quality at this price point.

Edited by ON_POINT

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Hi, the only way for me to get my hs70pro to sound like i wanted was to turn on windows spatial sound that disables icue eq but leaving 7.1 on, that worked for me.

Hi, that does help a bit. But I am honestly these have an extremely flat sound signature. Which would be fine in general. But considering the specs, they claim to have (20Hz-40,000Hz) it just sounds tinny. I honestly don't know how they can think almost zero production of low-end bass is a good thing. Especially in a gaming headset. Everything sounds really "clear" but if you fire a gun or shoot a tank you expect to have a certain level of natural bass. You hear all the detail in the sound except for the very obvious lack of bass.