Corsair Community

H2100 Wont turn off

Sajuuk322

I've literally just had this happen to me also.

It originally reported there was a problem with the USB device, I rebooted still no sound. Then looking at my headphones, it looks like they've crashed, both lights on permanently.

The only thing I can suggest, is to wait till the headphones run out of power and turn off. Then try reconnecting them back up.

I purchased my H2100 in April and now out of nowhere I too have the exact same problem. Does anyone have an idea what could be causing this? I am hesitant to just let the batteries drain to nothing, but it may be the only option we have short of returning for replacement/repair.

Unlike the others I was using mine when this suddenly happened. It just seemed to go dead, except the lights stay on all the time. I am trying a reinstall of the drivers. Strangely it seemed that even deleting the drivers entirely, they persist and may not be replaced. I hope Corsair did not just botch my Windows install. (Yes. I deleted the entire "C:\Program Files (x86)\corsair\Corsair Gaming Headset Software\" directory because the "remove" function of the install utility could not touch it and gave no explanation why.)

Perhaps I am being hasty, but I submitted a ticket for help with this and provided the link to this thread so that we may all share the solution if one exists.

I wish each of you in this thread, as well as those reading good luck. I really do not want to have to RMA this nice headset...

I had a response from Corsair already. Here it is. (I hope they do not mind me posting it here for the rest of you. I anticipated a delay due to Labor day, but they responded quickly nonetheless. Bravo. Everything below this sentence is the quoted response.)

"Please leave the headset fully discharged, recharge it once it's drained completely. Disable USB legacy in BIOS and USB selective suspend in Advance power settings. We'll have it replaced if the problem still persist. Thanks.

We've seen some users encounter this issue before, this is a random issue happens on some of the headset, but it's not a known issue."

Here are steps to disable USB Selective Suspend on Windows 7.

http://s29.postimg.org/u3sip8qbb/Power_Options.jpg

http://s16.postimg.org/3mov1fnp1/Power_Options_2.jpg

http://s15.postimg.org/wamnda4bf/Power_Options_3.jpg

http://s17.postimg.org/6vd21yfan/Power_Options_4.jpg

I hope the images work out. I could explain it with words, but seeing makes this much easier.

For the record, my PC was setup with a fresh install of Windows 7 x64 last year. At that time I had this setting disabled, but while making these screenshots I saw that it was again set to enabled. (Obviously I changed it back.) So if you have this or a similar problem, please check yours too. Perhaps Windows decided to change it by itself.

This was posted in another thread too, but I am posting here as it may be a problem for the others here as well.

Remove of the Corsair Drivers does not work, nor does removing it from the "Programs and Features" menu of the control panel. I have no option to reinstall or repair. And removal fails in a fraction of a second every time.

Is it possible that I need to manually add the files back? If so, can someone who uses the H2100 post a zip of their "C:\Program Files (x86)\corsair\Corsair Gaming Headset Software\" directory so I can give this a try? My only other option seems to be a reinstall of Windows. I really want to avoid that if possible, but I will not hesitate if that is the only option.

Thank you in advance.

I resolved the problem by draining the headset until it finally powered off, and then charging it to full again. Then I did a full reinstall of Windows 7 and all the updates before installing the drivers for the headset. Everything seems to be working as it should. I am imaging the partition for next time I have trouble so I do not need to jump through so many hoops.

Thanks to Corsair for the help. But please give serious thought to making a "portable" version of the drivers for people to use since it appears there are situations where your driver install/uninstall method is shamefully lacking.

Archived