Corsair Community

Fans are uncontrollable H100i

Lizardwithhat

I first had an H80i installed it started my system and my fans were very loud and I could not control them, installed firmware update and it got worse the fans went from 100% to 0 and back every 10 seconds, then the store sent it back to corsair, I got my money back and got an H100i instead and I installed it turn on my system and again fans to maximum and to 0 but now every 3 seconds, can anyone explain?

Also it smells horrible since I put in my new H100i

Motherboard Asus Sabertooth Z77 (in case you need that)

Here a video demonstrating the issue:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qPpPb2Tjzp0&feature=youtu.be

Dude I am very good with computers, I can even put them together apart, repair, build new ones. If I am posting it here that means I have tried everything possible, I have tried EVERYTHING in the link software even tried disabling other software if there is a compatibility issue. If someone knows and can help please but just don;t suggest the most random first thing you would tell a noob.

Dude I am very good with computers, I can even put them together apart, repair, build new ones. If I am posting it here that means I have tried everything possible, I have tried EVERYTHING in the link software even tried disabling other software if there is a compatibility issue. If someone knows and can help please but just don;t suggest the most random first thing you would tell a noob.

:eyebuldge

Everyone has to troubleshoot things from time to time. There's not a set answer when dealing with buggy software and hardware from various manufacturers. Other people have no idea what you've tried so far.

Next time just say "yes, I tried that. It didn't work."

No one know your level of experience so we have to start somewhere, and people are trying to help. The issue you are having is not well known around these forums, We can rule out the H80 and H100 so it may be a bad link. This may sound dumb but the link has a max amp for per line and total, is it possible your fans are drawing to much power? Seemed the smaller 80 fans went 10 seconds and the larger 100 went every 3. I know your gonna say they are stock and should work but not if you have to many hooked up. Just a thought.

Archived