Corsair Community

Corsair H115i Bent fins and cooling channel, please advise!

MightyMo

Hi All,

I purchased a H115i AIO from Amazon and after inspection I have noticed some irregularities. I understand bent fins will not affect my cooling performance but there is a slight bend on one of the cooling channels...

Can you please advise if this is okay to install and operate? I don't want to go through all the pain of replacing an item from Amazon.

I have attached pics for you review

Thanks,

20160915_132945.thumb.jpg.a4d5227d638fb5139dcf5c0c0bed0679.jpg

20160915_132956.thumb.jpg.8714e8c95a37d27c4a413a3a01e1845c.jpg

20160915_133056.thumb.jpg.a90108b01244654a3027c8832d5758c7.jpg

20160915_133205.thumb.jpg.dfb157d088f2bb70653352cdebbd3f58.jpg

Unfortunately, this tends to be an element of the manufacturing process. It's doubtful you will even get an immaculate set of perfectly pressed fins and I don't see concerning damage. However, you could request a replacement and since you ordered it from Amazon, you could have a new unit in 2 days or so --- if you want it. They have a far easier return process than any one else.

Thanks for the reply. I havent installed it yet. I do like the fact that these are powered via power sata rather then the headers on the motherboard though!

Planning to connect the fans directly to the CPU_Fan & CPU_OPT and block to sata power cable and 3 pin connector to the W_PUMP header. This is not in the corsair manual put I get optimum control from the motherboard and bypass the CorsairLink sofware....have you seen this setup before?

There is no requirement to use Link. Connect the fans to the board and you can put the 3 pin connector most anywhere. It doesn't do much in that configuration. Water Pump header is fine. However, you will not have control over the LED display or pump speed without Link. You do have the option of installing it and setting it not to run on start-up. Make changes when needed, then full exit the program.

So i have no control over the pump speed in the setup I mentioned? It will run at max all the time? Hmm might have to use corsairlink then..

It's either high or low and it doesn't matter from a cooling perspective. However, on some units the higher speed is a bit too loud for desktop work. That's something you'll have to find out and it may not be an issue.

"Planning to connect the fans directly to the CPU_Fan & CPU_OPT and block to sata power cable and 3 pin connector to the W_PUMP header. This is not in the corsair manual put I get optimum control from the motherboard and bypass the CorsairLink sofware"

That's exactly how I run mine, on the same motherboard. My pump runs om quiet with a blue LED courtesy of a prior installation where Link DID work.

Hi All,

I purchased a H115i AIO from Amazon and after inspection I have noticed some irregularities. I understand bent fins will not affect my cooling performance but there is a slight bend on one of the cooling channels...

Can you please advise if this is okay to install and operate? I don't want to go through all the pain of replacing an item from Amazon.

I have attached pics for you review

Thanks,

I would absolutely get that radiator refunded, because there is a impact damage on one of the coolant channels. The fins does not matter too much but the channel can have a micro fracture that is not visible.

"Planning to connect the fans directly to the CPU_Fan & CPU_OPT and block to sata power cable and 3 pin connector to the W_PUMP header. This is not in the corsair manual put I get optimum control from the motherboard and bypass the CorsairLink sofware"

That's exactly how I run mine, on the same motherboard. My pump runs om quiet with a blue LED courtesy of a prior installation where Link DID work.

Hey. that's good to hear you have it connected this way! Can you confirm if the the W_PUMP header is enabled by default? so i can build right into it..

Do you get any rpm feedback from the pump in the bios?

Is the pump running constantly on full rpm?

Thanks

Do you get any rpm feedback from the pump in the bios?

No, the only way to get the Asetek H115i pump speed is to use software such as CL4 that reads it via the USB connection.

This is different to the CoolIT H110i which reports the pump speed to the CPU_FAN header.

No, the only way to get the Asetek H115i pump speed is to use software such as CL4 that reads it via the USB connection.

This is different to the CoolIT H110i which reports the pump speed to the CPU_FAN header.

Conflicted on how to set this up now! :/ and which is optimum?

Conflicted on how to set this up now! :/ and which is optimum?

You are using an Asus and will need to make a choice between Corsair Link and AI Suite. You can try to use both simultaneously, but it is going to bring some conflicts.

If you decide you want to use AI Suite/Fan Xpert now, connect both fans to the motherboard (CPU & OPT) and let the auto tuning do its thing. You can customize the curve after. Be aware, people are reporting problems with the spin up/down delays when regulating by CPU temp on Asus boards from Z97 to Z170. This will make the fans on the radiator a bit over-reactive. Also, you will not have access to pump LED control without link. Same for pump speed, although that may not be necessary.

If you want use Corsair Link, connect the fans to block. I think you still have some case fan up/down delays in the BIOS on your board, so the loss of Fan Xpert should be minimal. Corsair Link will give more information about the cooler, the pump, and also offer info on any other corsair products connected. The fans will run on water temperature as intended and this should provide a steadier and less erratic fan speed. It is more efficient. I would recommend you start with this to learn about the cooler and how it works. If you miss AI Suite, you can always go back with only minor changes and a better knowledge of how the cooler should function without Link providing feedback.

Thank you for all the replies! Got a replacement for my cooler! After a close and OCD check up, there is a slight dent on one of the cooling channels on this one as well but not as prominent - moved the radiator carefully around and there is no visible leak.

I seriously wonder who corsair are using as a vendor for the production of these coolers! Quality is ridiculous. (In this day and age)

I will be buying a CPU fan cooler as a back up just in case!

Archived