Corsair Community

RM750x 24-pin cable has 27 wires?

kmarshak

Unsure if this is the norm for all 24 pins as I've never really looked that deeply however this time I'm trying to use cable combs and the one's I got simply do not fit.

Upon closer examination, I see that the 24-pin cable actually has 27 cables as depicted in the image below:

741Ylra.png

There are three places where there are three wires. Despite these wires being thinner than most, I still can't get the combs to fit.

I should also note that the above diagram is not 100% accurate. Going from left to right (pins 24 and 12) the wire count is:

2-2-3-3-1-3-2-2-2-2-2-3

Is this something that is unique to just this PSU or is this the norm? Can't imagine it being the norm since cable combs aren't fitting. I've checked online but can't find anything about this. Other Corsair PSU manuals I have checked do not have these layouts in them so I haven't been able to confirm there either.

If this is specific to this PSU, can anyone suggest a PSU that has just a 24 pin cable?

Or is this driven by the mother board and/or cpu? I'm using a Asus ROG STRIX X470-F Gaming ATX AM4 with an AMD Ryzen 5 2600.

Thanks.

Thanks for the info. It's so weird that none of the combs I've used will fit the 24 pin.

It's the norm for Type 4 PSU cables from Corsair, not necessarily for others. The additional 3 wires are sense wires - they sense the actual voltage delivered to the motherboard.