Corsair Community

CUE2: How to set default profile at startup

I just downloaded and installed CUE2 now. I was used to CUE1 before. How do you specify which profile will be loaded at Windows startup? The previous CUE1 had an option to set a profile as a default profile but I cannot find the same setting in CUE2.

Same issues here...got k70 yesterday find the software totally rubbish and not at all user friendly.

Get no conformation of the job being done when you send a profile directly to the keyboard.

Setting a default profile in the program seems impossible.

I have managed to send a profile to the keyboard but another profile in the software overrides it when I reboot .....sooooooo annoying im actually thinking about sending the lot back and getting a different brand.

Please do remember CUE 2 is still being worked on, the software is actually very user friendly and is easier to get used to than CUE 1. You cannot set a profile to default on STARTUP yet, but you can set to default by just clicking on the profile you want to use and minimizing CUE. Refer to my tutorials here: http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=161163 if your new to CUE 2 functions, its so much simpler than CUE 1 that it appears hard.

I am new to these softwares had this keyboard a day and cue 1 just seems to make much more sense right now.

I will give cue 2 a try again in a few weeks but the corsair site shouldn't really be spitting out a BETA with features missing as the latest software.

I am new to these softwares had this keyboard a day and cue 1 just seems to make much more sense right now.

I will give cue 2 a try again in a few weeks but the corsair site shouldn't really be spitting out a BETA with features missing as the latest software.

Inorder to make something good it needs feedback and testing.

Yes I know that but that's what Beta testing is for BUT company's should give people a choice to Beta test or not.

I downloaded the latest version but what I got was a unfinished Beta version I was thinking maybe it was a mistake getting this keyboard until I came here and seen

that cue2 is new and unfinished .... a lot of people might not have had the sense to do that and just send it back.

Yes I know that but that's what Beta testing is for BUT company's should give people a choice to Beta test or not.

I downloaded the latest version but what I got was a unfinished Beta version I was thinking maybe it was a mistake getting this keyboard until I came here and seen

that cue2 is new and unfinished .... a lot of people might not have had the sense to do that and just send it back.

Well CUE 2 was closed beta, but inorder to get even more feedback, its public.

• 4 months later...
I just downloaded and installed CUE2 now. I was used to CUE1 before. How do you specify which profile will be loaded at Windows startup? The previous CUE1 had an option to set a profile as a default profile but I cannot find the same setting in CUE2.

The leftmost profile in CUE 2 is used as the default.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...
Inorder to make something good it needs feedback and testing.

So it's been a full year since your post and not to be mean or call you out, this issue still isn't fixed. I was unaware that CUE2 was essentially in BETA till I found this thread looking for a solution to this startup nonsense. I'll be going back to CUE1 because not even Cosair themselves seem to be working on a fix. I made two tickets regarding this issue and they just said to update to the latest version of CUE2.

A year later. lol

• 1 month later...

Why did I download to the latest CUE!...

I create a simple profile (Static Blue) color to match my entire Black/Blue Theme and when shutting down the PC it turns into default Red/White, when turning on the PC it's default Red/White again, after a full boot cycle into the system the Blue profile is back...

Wasted a few hours on this issue to find out I'm not the only one with this stupid issue. Uninstall this CUE 2 and reinstalling CUE 1 and go from there.:thinking:

You need to save the profile you want to the device hardware. No software can control something when it isn’t running — like during boot. Much of the information in this older thread is dated and it’s probably better to start a new one.
From what I've read supposedly it saves automatically when I set the profile as I only see a (revert option) and not a (save option). Can you please show me the steps on how to exactly save the profile.

It will save to the software filed buried in your C:/User/(name)/App Data files. However, hardware saving requires a direct process from within Link.

What device is this for? Usually there is a little mini-chip icon in the profile drop down list. This is a representation of your hardware save. For my K95 Platinum, this is called K95P HW1 (and HW2 & HW3). The names may vary a little by device. You can create a profile in CUE, and then at the bottom of the left hand side menu is a button bar "save profile to device". It only appears when a HW profile is selected. A word of caution: if you can save multiple profiles to your device (HW1,2,3) do not mix and match Basic and Advanced profiles. Your will get an error message each and every time you bring CUE up. The default profiles are usually variations of the rainbow stuff in the Basic tab. You can use either, but complex effects like gradients and waves do not work without CUE. However, you can still do multiple color layers in either mode. Some of this varies by device and type.

It will save to the software filed buried in your C:/User/(name)/App Data files. However, hardware saving requires a direct process from within Link.

What device is this for? Usually there is a little mini-chip icon in the profile drop down list. This is a representation of your hardware save. For my K95 Platinum, this is called K95P HW1 (and HW2 & HW3). The names may vary a little by device. You can create a profile in CUE, and then at the bottom of the left hand side menu is a button bar "save profile to device". It only appears when a HW profile is selected. A word of caution: if you can save multiple profiles to your device (HW1,2,3) do not mix and match Basic and Advanced profiles. Your will get an error message each and every time you bring CUE up. The default profiles are usually variations of the rainbow stuff in the Basic tab. You can use either, but complex effects like gradients and waves do not work without CUE. However, you can still do multiple color layers in either mode. Some of this varies by device and type.

Ok. So far I believe I managed to save my K70 (Static Blue) to device, now I'm trying to link the (ST100 Stand) to the K70 profile, but I'm not seeing a option to do so?...Do I need to create a separate file or folder for the headset stand as well??...I notice Logitech seems much more simplify, very user friendly with a click in a box all devices are linked in same color profile.

No, when you select the "Static Blue" profile, click the ST100 device from the top row next to your K70. You can clean up this area by clicking the gear to go into setting, then go to the bottom and check "show only connected devices". That will remove the icons for all the stuff you don't have.

Now it should be just the keyboard and headset. Both devices are automatically tied to each other in the same profile. Select the ST100 and then the + key on the left to add a lighting effect.

Okay I know I'm late to the party but, I just got the Corsair Strafe and Scimitar delivered today, and downloaded the CUE v2, at first I struggled to figure out how to set up a profile, and I'm still figuring out how to use some of its features. But as someone who just started using Corsair equipment and software, I don't think the CUE v2 is as difficult as some people make it out to be.

No, when you select the "Static Blue" profile, click the ST100 device from the top row next to your K70. You can clean up this area by clicking the gear to go into setting, then go to the bottom and check "show only connected devices". That will remove the icons for all the stuff you don't have.

Now it should be just the keyboard and headset. Both devices are automatically tied to each other in the same profile. Select the ST100 and then the + key on the left to add a lighting effect.

Sorry for the late response I only get on my setup on the weekends or when I have days off.

Yeah I did it right then :sunglasse , thank you for the help and have a Happy New Year!

Archived