Corsair Community

Question + Configurator Issue

So, the configurator seemed to do great. took a couple of weeks for everything to come in, got the rig tore down yesterday and started laying out my parts to install.

The configurator does not recommend a ball valve... or any way to setup a drain for that matter, Despite saying "everything you need for the loop will be included". This should, in my opinion, be just as important as the other components, because you cant really put one on retroactively until you have actually (dangerously) drained your loop "The hard way". I ordered mine, but thought you guys may want to consider taking a look at that, as it seems there may be a lot of issues in a few months when newbies begin realizing they cannot drain their systems easily.

Also, was wanting your thoughts on flushing the radiator before use. I know in previous builds it has been recommended to always flush the rad before hooking it up in order to ensue there are not leftover particles that could gunk up the loop. If you do recommend this, how/ what do you recommend to use? Vinegar / Water? Mayhem Blitz Cleaner?

Thanks ahead of time. Also psyched about getting everything in. Got my 420 rad with push pull LL140's and my pump mounted.

Now im just waiting on my ball valve order so i can mount the cpu block. Kinda sucks I gotta wait another week for it, but whatever.

::pirate::

Edited by Deathtech

You may also want some small 5mm (or whatever size) male to male extenders to connect the ball valve to another G 1/4 port, like the pump or a 90 deg fitting. In theory you could use soft tube and two compression fittings, but that is a bit messy and unecessary in most builds. Lots of ports on the Corsair pump. Easy enough to park a 90 deg and ball valve (in either order).

Companies sell special "cleaners" for initial system set-up. Distilled water will also work just fine for this purpose. You are looking to remove any unintended remaining metallic dust or similar left over from the manufacturing process. It's not really a sanitation process and anything wet will work for flushing. Vinegar would not be my first choice. Or second.

Edited by c-attack