Corsair Community

iCUE update broke my Ironclaw (again?!)

Favebook

i tried this and same problem i have updated everything again and now at random icue will just stop working and the programme closes down lol.

mouse still has the same problem tho and only turning it off and on rights it for me :(

Same here, i tried anything we can see on the forum but nothing works more than a few minutes. The mouse will randomly disconnect from the software. Well it's more like the software bugs and stop working with the mouse in wireless mode.

***********FIX*************

The problem is the firmware for the mouse and dongle

MAKE SURE you have the following for firmware versions

Dongle: v0.9.40

Ironclaw RGB Wireless: v0.11.80

You can still update icue. Mine is v3.24.52

Corsair support let me know that despite their support site saying that you can contact them for a link to download the factory default firmware, they don't do that anymore and will send the firmware through iCUE. If the mouse gets corrupted then they said they'll do an RMA (warranty exchange) for it.

But this is where it stands since there's no button to hard reset the mouse.

• Confused 1

this software and code is just a total mess icue now shuts down 2 times a day with v3.24.52 and the same problem with the mouse it is just getting worse im getting to the point im going to rma this and ask for a full refund and get something else as it is just a joke now and 4 pages long and only one reply from corsair.

i doubt given the other posts on this forum i will avoid buying anything from this company ever again as it is just not worth the hassle.

***********FIX*************

The problem is the firmware for the mouse and dongle

MAKE SURE you have the following for firmware versions

Dongle: v0.9.40

Ironclaw RGB Wireless: v0.11.80

You can still update icue. Mine is v3.24.52

Corsair support let me know that despite their support site saying that you can contact them for a link to download the factory default firmware, they don't do that anymore and will send the firmware through iCUE. If the mouse gets corrupted then they said they'll do an RMA (warranty exchange) for it.

But this is where it stands since there's no button to hard reset the mouse.

So where exactly can we download the dongle firmware?

Hi all,

I just wanted to update everyone that we are investigating this - I have no ETA yet but will share any new information when I get it.

Thanks for reporting this and I apologize for the inconvenience.

Meanwhile, we're all stuck with unusable mice...

Ironclaw RGB, the new paperweight by Corsair! Look, RGB!

Come on, there is clearly a workaround someone found with old firmware that fixes the worst issues. How about taking down the broken firmware so we can all update and get mice that mostly work until Corsair figures out the problem.

I feel bad for people who may have received this as a gift for the holidays.

i have tried everything and it is still the same hw mode kicks in and only way to get it back is to turn it on and off or remove the usb dongle.

seems fine with the cable connected but i bought a wireless mouse!!! FIX IT ASAP !!!

I left my Iron Claw Plugged in to the USB cord and it lost all custom actions reverting to default. I tried with cord plugged in and wireless off, and on, it lost custom actions either way.

Well I tried a couple of things today with no success...

I connected the USB cable to the USB port, and then plugged in the adapter and dongle, placing it as close to the mouse as possible. No good it soon lost the setup profile.

I then programmed one of the Ironclaw HW1 programs on ICue and saved the program to the mouse, no good either, it also lost the programming.

No luck :sigh!:

83326142_463365810997951_4195734907009368064_n_zpsdhrif1bm.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

It's been 2 months and a whole ICUE update later and there still is no news or fixes that I have been able to find. It concerns me that the issues I am seeing with the software and hardware go unresolved. This mouse would be my dream mouse; large & comfortable in the hands, many buttons that are easy to reach, & nice RGB lighting. Unfortunately, I will now opt for something like the Razer Basilisk X Hyperspeed, which I recommend for anyone coming to these forums as a replacement.

Please return your Ironclaw and get either

Razer Basilisk X Hyperspeed, no wired mode, use a battery for power

https://www.amazon.com/Razer-Basilisk-HyperSpeed-Wireless-Gaming/dp/B07YPBQSCK/ref=sr_1_3?crid=11ZTM39IV4SAA&keywords=razer+basilisk+x+hyperspeed&qid=1582094302&sprefix=razer+basilisk%2Caps%2C421&sr=8-3

OR

The Razer Lancehead, features wired mode + wired charge, $20 extra but well worth it

https://www.amazon.com/Razer-Lancehead-Wireless-Programmable-Mechanical/dp/B06XH113GY/ref=sr_1_3?keywords=razer+lancehead+wireless&qid=1582094757&refinements=p_n_condition-type%3A2224371011&rnid=2224369011&s=electronics&sr=1-3

These are my recomendations.

So another update has passed ( 3.26.95 ). What did it do? We don't know because there are no patch notes for it yet ( Mar 3d, 2020). Did it fix the Ironclaw issue? No. Don't use your Ironclaws until we get a concrete answer about it. It's not worth the hassle.

As I previously said, I RMA-ed my mouse, and after almost 3 months of waiting, I got my 80 euros back (they didn't even ask me if I wanted another mouse of same type or different one, they just gave me money).

why did you have to wait 3 months for a refund? if i send this thing back to scan uk with a link to this forum id get my money back same day it arrived back where i bought it from.

it just looks like this is now a faulty product that cant be fixed or how long do we have to wait?

• 3 weeks later...