Corsair Community

HELP: Can't get commander pro to work with ICUE or corsair link

Belzoth

So I just built a new PC. I have an corsair H150i pro RGB and a total of 9 corsair LL120 fans hooked into a commander pro (9 through rgb, 6 for fan power, the other 3 are connected to aio then to mobo) which is then connected to my asus hero vii board with a 2700x cpu. When I open icue I can adjust my corsair keyboard and I see the commander pro. I can choose to setup. I can setup lighting channel 1 and 2. But the colors won't change, and there isn't even a performance tab for fan control. My aio doesn't even show up as a device either which is connected to the commander pro. I've ensured that icue and commander pro are all up to date on firmware/software by going through icue. All the fans and aio are lit up and working. I just can't use the software to change the colors or fan speeds. So story with corsair link. Though in link I can see the fans RPM and it gives me an option of fan modes though it doesn't seem to actual impact the fans.

Because the commander pro shows up in icue, i was thinking that all of my cable and power connections are good but it's maybe a software issue? Or is that faulty thinking and maybe there is an actual hardware or connection issue? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Want to enjoy my new build and just frustrated trying to figure this out.

UPDATE: Through community help I now have the performance tab and can control fan speeds. However, I still can't change the fan colors and the aio is still not detected in ICUE. Further suggestions?

Try restarting iCue. The missing performance tab is a known issue with this version.

I've tried restarting my computer. Uninstalling icue. Reinstalling icue. installing corsair link and uninstalling corsair link. Sometimes have link installed along with icue, sometimes just one exclusively. Nothing seems to do anything. Also, the colors won't change either in addition to not having a performance tab. I also have to mainly select what fans I have and how many of them. Should I do that, or should icue know that I have LL120s and how many?

Follow this "fix", that DevBiker posted:

http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=178727

Okay, actually both of you guys were right. Restarting my computer didn't work, but the missing tabs showed up after I exited the program and restarted it. I may have the tabs, but I still can't actually change the colors or the fan speeds. My aio is also still not showing up. Further help?

Okay, actually both of you guys were right. Restarting my computer didn't work, but the missing tabs showed up after I exited the program and restarted it. I may have the tabs, but I still can't actually change the colors or the fan speeds. My aio is also still not showing up. Further help?

I take it back. The performance tab is available and I was able to change the fan speeds after all. I just had to make a custom fan curve to get it to work. Thanks!

I still can't change the colors and the aio is still note detected though.

You'll need to click on the lighting setup tab, and there set how many fans are set to each RGB channel on the CoPro. Then a Lighting Channel tab will appear and you can create lighting effects there.

I did all that, but when I change the colors, my fan colors don't actually do anything different. They just keep doing the rainbow.

Okay, I got it working. So couple of things. The h150i pro would never work with the commander pro, but it worked just fine when I directly connected it to the mobo. Secondly, I'm not sure if I originally did it wrong or not, but I had the fans connected to the corsair link and then the commander pro which I could never get working. I directly connected the RGB to the commander pro bypassing the link and which finally allowed me to control the fans somewhat. 3 of the fans would only partially light up originally. I moved the fans around on the hubs trying to identify if 1 or more of the fans were faulty. I thought I had 3 bad fans at one point. I got it all working somehow and then tried to put the case back together and then it stopped working again. I pulled it back out and redid the connections the exact same way. Got it working and put the case back together while everything was running and it's been working since then. So I still can't identify exactly why it wasn't working or how i fixed it, but it works now, so I'll take it lol

Archived