Corsair Community

H80i (v2) - Pump/Liquid Temps

Seegee911

Couple of questions regarding the H80i:

When corsair link software reports the "temp" of the H80i, where is the temp sensor located in the loop? Is it measuring the temp of the pump motor, the temp of the copper block touching the cpu, or is it measuring the temp of the actual liquid? The reason I ask is simply for a better understanding of how the corsair closed loop systems work. I am intricately familiar with DIY water cooling, and have built several dating back over a decade. I have always been hesitant to use these closed loop kits, but this is one of the first units i have seen which actually might be worth looking into. (I Absolutely HATED the external SATA power connectors... good job on cleaning up the v2)

Second, Is there any way to allow other hardware monitoring/fan control software to actually read the Temps and Fan RPMs from the H80i? I can get the RPM for the pump head itself to be seen by the bios/other software, and the reported RPM is half of actual (this is normal for pumps, i know), but no ability to read the Temp or Fan RPM outside of the Corsair Link Software...

Why would I want to do this? The answer is simple. The Corsair Link software is pretty rudimentary to be honest. I will be posting more about this issue in the appropriate forum.

Hmm... I thought I responded to this a few days ago. Apparently not.

As above, the sensor is in general cold plate chamber and is effectively exit coolant temp. I've never had anything but smooth readings, so no issues with placement.

As for point 2, in theory it could be possible, but someone would need write a program that can read the data from an "i-cooler" and then run from it. There might be one out there. However, as far as your basic motherboard fan controller, I wouldn't hold your breathe. That would require the motherboard cooperate the other way and it's hard to see that happening.

The easy solution is to add a Commander Pro fan controller. It will interface with the i cooler and coolant temp is one of many variables available for case fan control. If your motherboard has a temp sensor input that is fan control capable, you can run a 10K thermistor to the exit side of the radiator to approximate coolant temp. This is accurate and predicable. The Commander Pro also comes with 4 inputs for this (and the thermistors), so again that is an easy solution. I like my Commander Pro a lot. Even when the Corsair cooler comes out, the C-Pro stays in. It is too useful for solving some basic motherboard limitations and annoyances, like blasting my PWM fans on start-up. I like the temp data too and run the extras off to my PSU exhaust and other radiator panels.

Archived