Corsair Community

Can't re-install Headset Software 2.0.37 for H1500

BerenGaldos

As said, I bought a Corsair gaming headset (H1500) 2 or 3 years ago, and today the assistant wouldn't launch.

I tried to uninstall it and get it back again, restarting my computer and going through this all over again a few times, but I definitely can't find out what's wrong, even here on the forum.

This bothers me a bit as I am now used to my own audio settings with the assistant for quite a long time now :/ Any idea what I could have missed, or done wrong ?

As said, I bought a Corsair gaming headset (H1500) 2 or 3 years ago, and today the assistant wouldn't launch.

I tried to uninstall it and get it back again, restarting my computer and going through this all over again a few times, but I definitely can't find out what's wrong, even here on the forum.

This bothers me a bit as I am now used to my own audio settings with the assistant for quite a long time now :/ Any idea what I could have missed, or done wrong ?

EDIT : I deleted the "driver" through windows settings panel, and now the installation manager only allows me to "delete the previous version" (or something like that, I'm french...) and can't even do this when I tell him to try (I checked, there's no file left of the "previous version"...). Any help ? :/

Ok, problem's still the same but I sort of got rid of the "sound settings" issue with windows, apparently my PC's soundcard (Asus) took over everything and tried to set the audio output to 7.1, whereas I only use 5.1, and used a different "play peripheral" as the one used by default for the headset.

But as I said, problem's still here and can't get back the Corsair sound assistant... So it doesn't really bothers me anymore but if you have any idea... Thanks

If you are confident with modifying the Windows Registry, you can try and delete entries related to Corsair as it seems the driver was not uninstalled correctly.

Otherwise, install the driver on another computer, copy over the files from the install folder to your computer. This should work as well.

Archived